Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Sociology

Options
  • 20-05-2007 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Regarding the first exam tomorrow on Irish culture and society, there doesn't seem to be much correalation between the two past papers up on SIS in terms of recurring themes or topics. Any thoughts or hints from tutors?

For section A I think I'm alright, but on Section B I can't seem to find supporting stuff on Blackboard...? Any resources?

Finally, it's a 2 hour exam. Roughly how much are we expected to write per each of our 3 questions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

i did that course in first year.can't remember much other than changes in society- i.e. secularisation, the X case bla bla bla. I did a question on the consumer society - you needed to use the ideas of three writers, eg. Bourdieu cultural capital etc. there was a few good articles in the SU photocopy shop as far as I know.sorry if that isnt any help, its has been 2 years now.

3 questions in 2 hours, thats crap!

just show that you've done some reading, make links with other sociology courses you are doing and don't leave yourself short in terms of topics.

Advertisement