Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip Hire

• 20-05-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I have to move gaff in the next month and have to dump a lot of accumulated stuff. Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of a skip hire company? Or does anyone know how much they cost? Or is it cheaper to bring everything to the dump? Do you have to pay for hire then an additional cost for dumping the rubbish?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A small skip (shallower than the huge deep ones) will cost you about €250 but they are quite variable and its worth looking around. I found WUS - now Ormonde - very good but you need to check around. Tell them what you are dumping as different loads cost different - concrete/building rubble is cheaper than soil or mixed loads for example (afaik). Whether its more economic than trips to the dump depends on how much you have. It can be very expensive and messy taking car loads, but it depends on how many you would have.

Check them up - look in yellow pages for Waste disposal. Hire cost includes dumping. You negotiate for how long you will have the skip - usually about a week, and depending on where you live you could have to look for council permission to have one left in the road. Dont go with a cowboy, they should have a licence - if your stuff can be identified you could be responsible if it turns up behind a hedge.

Don't generously tell your friends they can put stuff in till you know how much stuff you have, and fill it fairly fast (have your stuff sorted) or it will be filled for you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Veolia or whatever they call themselves now they keep changing the name - 051-333944 they do 6yard or 12yard skips I used them before and they were handy enough cant remember how much though.

Advertisement