Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm heading away to Prague and Budapest in a couple of weeks and figured that I needed some boots that could actually handle the snow so I got these. For some reason I'm a bit worried that I won't like them, particularly as they're more expensive then I'd usually pay (I'm a bit of a cheapskate! :) ) but hopefully not as I've been looking for a nice pair of over the knees for a while!

image1xl.jpg
    €58.22 with another 10% off (JAN10) on ASOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bought these boots in oxblood from Duo in their winter sale. €215 including delivery to Ireland (God bless Duo and their ability to cater for muscly calves!)

ladies-boots-liza-oxblood-leather-4803-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Got these last weekend...expensive but really needed new boots and I HATE wearing bad quality ones! Should hopefully get 2+ years out of like my last pair so thinking of as an investment.

http://www.womanandhome.com/galleries/fashion/24864/8/0/knee-high-boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Collectif, £32.50 reduced from £65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

All on sale on ASOS.com and got an extra 10% off with code JAN10

image2xl.jpgimage1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpgimage2xl.jpg

image1xl.jpgimage2xl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Got this purple tea dress from Tesco, have one very similar but have worn it to bits so this is a nice replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Cathy I notice you buy quite a few things in Tesco - do you get them online or in store?

Cathy I notice you buy quite a few things in Tesco - do you get them online or in store?
    I did buy online but tend to buy in store now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Was just wondering as I didn't think my local T had a very good selection but I may give it a closer look :-) You seem to pick up lovely things @ lovely prices! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

iv always loved the quality of jack wills stuff, love the thickness of the basic t shirts etc ,the price does not bother me as i love the quallity of the product, im a bit annoyed as one or two of the things below were sale on wednesday and i was about to get them but had to pay out for a bill and as i went to buy them today they were full price :( god dammit

also all these little scrouts with massive quiffs walking around wearing the un missiable JW logo is irratating me so much :mad::mad: who ever made jack wills known and to be like abercrombie,american eagle etc deserve a box from me :P

heres a few bits i bought

01684300103.jpg
    10000244103.jpg
    10000239004.jpg
    10000357201.jpg
    10000096304.jpg
    10000360101_SD.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

A V A wrote: »
    iv always loved the quality of jack wills stuff, love the thickness of the basic t shirts etc ,the price does not bother me as i love the quallity of the product, im a bit annoyed as one or two of the things below were sale on wednesday and i was about to get them but had to pay out for a bill and as i went to buy them today they were full price :( god dammit

also all these little scrouts with massive quiffs walking around wearing the un missiable JW logo is irratating me so much :mad::mad: who ever made jack wills known and to be like abercrombie,american eagle etc deserve a box from me :P

I hear ya AVA - the brand has become quite ubiquitous in the past year or two. :rolleyes:

I still love them though. Products are spendy and plain but great quality :)

Nice purchases btw

Edit: also, Asos have started stocking JW as of late which is handy considering that they regularly has discount codes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I hear ya AVA - the brand has become quite ubiquitous in the past year or two. :rolleyes:

I still love them though. Products are spendy and plain but great quality :)

Nice purchases btw

Edit: also, Asos have started stocking JW as of late which is handy considering that they regularly has discount codes.

i dont wear anything that has the JW on it or any words etc , its just so irritating!! i remember about 3 or four years ago when id wear a shirt or v neck jumper and id have mates looking at me like i was posh and that because supposedly it was up there with tommy hilfiger and them "posh" brands lol now every "boyrah" in town wears jw hoody and t shirts etc and out were i am in blanch , and they all have zero blade hair cuts on the side and the massive quiff on top :mad:
    i remeber it use to be the typical "southsider" wearing jw , and now its the typical "northsider" :P grrrrr

its good with asos but with the code it still takes it down to tha shop price with some things :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Picked this up in the New Look Sale today, €20:

thumb.jpg

I've found the sizes in New Look to be a bit off lately, I'm having to get a size larger than normal even though I've stayed the same size in all the other stores :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Honerbright, I was going to buy that dress at full price ages ago! I decided against it because I thought it looked really short (I was browsing online). How is it in reality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Faith wrote: »
    Honerbright, I was going to buy that dress at full price ages ago! I decided against it because I thought it looked really short (I was browsing online). How is it in reality?

Longer than I expected! Sits about 2 inches above my knee, but I'm a little on the short side (5'4"). It is very flattening at the chest, but not uncomfortably so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks! I'm 5'5 so I might still keep an eye out for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

w21yyu.jpg

Modalu bag from TK Maxx - in clearance for 87e - not too sure about the flowers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

One of my many resolutions this year is to cut down on the impulsive buys, so far so good even though we are only 3weeks into the year. :D

I have been swooning over a scarf on different blogs for a couple of months now and I've finally found a very similar one on ebay. Happy! :)

$_57.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

One of my many resolutions this year is to cut down on the impulsive buys, so far so good even though we are only 3weeks into the year. :D

I have been swooning over a scarf on different blogs for a couple of months now and I've finally found a very similar one on ebay. Happy! :)

]

Beautiful! Do you mind sharing the eBay seller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

http://www.amazon.com/Nine-West-Womens-Rockitude-Bootie/dp/B00C66M6M6

Bought these in the 70% sale in BTs (€45 instead of €170). It's rare you get a size 9 in the sales but I struck lucky. Interesting to note the difference in the US Amazon list price versus the full BT price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

yellow hen wrote: »
    Beautiful! Do you mind sharing the eBay seller?

I think the seller is 2008pro? If you just search tartan scarf it should show up as one of the first listed. It is coming from Hong Kong but as it's only €22 ish I'm hoping I won't be caught to pay customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Miola boots. Saw them in Aldo for €100 then found the online on houseoffraser.co.uk ~€65 with free delivery. :o

41amkJr9V7L._SY395_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Picked these up in New Look yesterday - €29.99

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=92993209

And then Unidays sent me an email with 20% off New Look today so I bought:

301031709%3F$prod_details_hero$
    €17.99 -> €14.39

e212ef1becffefa0406d4eac9ff3b407.jpg
    €17.99 -> €14.39

290929804%3F$prod_details_hero$
    €14.99 -> €11.99

286420701%3F$prod_details_hero$
    €22.99 -> €18.39

Now no more spending! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Love that polka dot shirt!

I got these beauties for €30 in Topshop.

This beauty is winging it's way to me courtesy of asos (with a little help from the 20% unidays discount).

image1xl.jpg

Now if only I had a racing green Jaguar car to match... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

$(KGrHqRHJEcFEKzI)iDhBRHio83eKg~~60_12.JPG

Yes, yes I did. Roughly €17 delivered from eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

81vdEbAu8cL._SL1000_.jpg

Steel & Jelly casual shirt. About €23 delivered from eBay. I had seen this in TK Maxx a week or two ago but it was too small. Searched for the brand on eBay and there was the one I was looking for, albeit secondhand.

8512BE1A-F03B-46EA-A474-FF704F36EC81_zps9wvqwnjc.jpg

€31 with student discount from asos. I love this shape but I'm a curvy 12 so I don't think they do me any favours :(

• Advertisement

I bought two of the regular t-shirt dresses from ASOS recently but had to send them back. I think you need to be really slim and flat chested or else it looks like you're trying to cover up weight.

Im a 12/14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Tommy Hilfiger outlet in Kildare village, reduced from €69 to €30

0104-aw13_330.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

image1xl.jpg

Got this for my pals wedding! Hopefully the fit is nice (Asos €77)

ams wrote: »
    I bought two of the regular t-shirt dresses from ASOS recently but had to send them back. I think you need to be really slim and flat chested or else it looks like you're trying to cover up weight.

Im a 12/14.

:( I knew in my heart it'd wouldn't look right. Darn boobs :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I really wanted pure pink New Balance, but it seems they only make them for children :p So I got these from Office, and they came with a second pair of laces in pink, so I'm getting the colour in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

From Zara's new collection.

2897006050_1_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1390420851298
    kate-middleton-zara-necklace-sold-out-vtr.jpg

• Advertisement

Pang wrote: »
    From Zara's new collection.
    Love the second one. How much were they?

Love the second one. How much were they?

First one was 22.95 and the second one was 25.95.

I went in originally to buy the second one as my friend wore it to my wedding and it was absolutely fab. The first one was instant attraction in Zara! I couldn't say no to it!

Pang wrote: »
    First one was 22.95 and the second one was 25.95.

I went in originally to buy the second one as my friend wore it to my wedding and it was absolutely fab. The first one was instant attraction in Zara! I couldn't say no to it!

They're beautiful. I have one like the second one but its green. One of the stones fell put recently and it's sort of unwearable since. Only wore it 3 times :(

They're beautiful. I have one like the second one but its green. One of the stones fell put recently and it's sort of unwearable since. Only wore it 3 times :(

:( Aww that's such a pity. I think you should go to Zara and treat yourself to this one to make up for the pain!:)

Kate Middleton and Mary Berry both wore the second one! Its absolutely gorgeous and love the first one too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2520508/Mary-Berry-Duchess-Cambridge-neck-neck-19-99-Zara-jewels.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Hello everyone newbie here! Saw this thread and had to post because well.. Its been an indulgent couple of weeks.

(most of this is thrifted or bought on discount from friends' stores etc etc so I don't have to feel too guilty!)

- Scarves 3e each Dunnes
    - Midi dress brand new thrifted
    - French Connection stripe dress new thrifted
    - Moroccan style shirt Dunnes

More to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

- Grey knit cardi Dunnes
    - New Penneys top thrifted
    - New Steve Madden bolero swapped on adverts.ie
    - Utd colours of Benetton cardi
    - New Look red dress

Ps sorry for pic quoting, can't embed them on my phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Greenduck wrote: »
    image1xl.jpg

Got this for my pals wedding! Hopefully the fit is nice (Asos €77)

Have to return this! I think a saggy potato sack would look better on! Dont buy anyone whos over a size 8! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Just ordered these from Verillas:

YvzwPfu.jpg
    DS3__16059.1381176565.1280.1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Dolbert wrote: »
    <SNIP>

Collectif, £32.50 reduced from £65

I love this! How do you find the fit on? Is the quality good?

Tan Loafers from Dune. I have not yet seen them IRL, but hoping the leather is soft somewhat

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=59898185

Tan Suede ankle booties from Dune (via asos). Thought they looked similar to the Isabel Marant Dicker boots

image1xl.jpg

Got this knitted dress from Tesco in the sales - really nice on in a bodycon shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Piper101 wrote: »
    I love this! How do you find the fit on? Is the quality good?

Thanks :) The fabric is a sort of stretchy velvet, perfect for winter really. As it's stretchy it fits perfectly. They have another stunner here in the same fabric, wouldn't work on me though unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

3170126000_1.jpg
    Just when I thought I couldn't buy anymore I see this :o
    25 euro from Oasis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

$_35.JPG

My new boots! price including postage came to around €88
    I got them from schuch on ebay

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement