Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had to use up a voucher for Dorothy Perkins, and found this jumper reduced to €15. Its a sort of light aqua colour, really nice for spring :)

55135401_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

just wondering if anyone knew where else i could get this jacket or similar. im mad about it, but it was out of stock when i went to buy it :mad:
    If you are based in Dublin you could try Promod in Debenhams. You could even give them a buzz to see if they could source it for you. Staff there are very helpful. Word of warning re the sizing, I found it to be generously sized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Went a bit crazy there on ASOS and got stuff that I did not need to had to have when i seen them LOL Bringing out my mixture of Hipster/Rocker style again :D

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

image1xxl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Bought these from asos earlier in the week - arrived today! :)

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=84765126
    Link

Ladies_White_Beatles_Logo_Slim_Fit_T_Shirt_from_Amplified_Vintage_500_340_365_86_none.jpg
    Link

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=90868854
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Out of interest how do you just post pics of your purchases as opposed to links? I went a bit mad the last few weeks!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Chiquitita wrote: »
    Out of interest how do you just post pics of your purchases as opposed to links? I went a bit mad the last few weeks!! :o

I right click on the photo and select 'copy URL'

Then, back here, choose the envelope looking icon (it's yellow) and paste the address in.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Thank you! I'll try it now :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Got a pair of Khaki green skinnies in Penny's today for €5!!! they fit really well too....love a bargain ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

295230.jpg

Bought these on impulse today. Really good quality with good, strong thick leather made here in Spain and are reduced from 130 to 69 squids and they go with absolutely everything. I don't wear heels at all but these make everything look dressy and hopefully they'll last for years.

http://www.hakei.com/productos-detalle/es/EUR/4/11/0/008895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I_5045362493829_50_20131114?fmt=jpg&layer=0&size=450,600&wid=450&hei=600&layer=1&src=I_5045362493829_50_20131114&size=450,600&qlt=65&wid=450&hei=600&op_usm=1,1,0,0

The wish for comfort & cosiness overrode by better judgement :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I badly needed new runners because my old ones were falling apart. I read good things about the New Balance brand and I just couldn't resist the bright purple and orange ones! :) They are seriously comfy.

Schuh €90

1977243650m3_main.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Bought this yesterday in Dorothy Perkins....they had a lovely silver and dark green chunky beaded necklace with it which will be next weeks purchase...

http://media.dorothyperkins.com/wcsstore/DorothyPerkins/images/catalog/07196113_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Both from Zara.

Desperately needed a casual jacket so got this for 49.95. Zara is so much cheaper in Spain and Portugal than here.

0518022806_6_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1391018016087

This handbag for 29.95
    8388204004_1_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1391747077384

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sunnyview

Long term lurker and first timer poster here :)

Bought this today in New Look for €24.99 thought the stripes would make it really unflattering but they don't seem to! Looking forward to putting this with some leggings and biker boots.

300489604?$prod_details_hero$

And I was lucky enough to receive this as a very early birthday present
    650724_main?wid=514

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Pang, that Zara handbag is lovely. Disappointed to see it's €10 dearer on the Irish Zara site though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Pang, that Zara handbag is lovely. Disappointed to see it's €10 dearer on the Irish Zara site though.

I swear everything was at least 10 euro cheaper in Portugal than here. One jacket was 20 euro less. I just wish I had had more money saved as there was so much fab clothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

tumblr_n0ez0eNd5l1tpz4vfo1_1280.jpg

Vintage Polo Ralph Lauren tie, got it for 9 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭FollatonWood

This image is from Zara, but I got an identical one in Penneys for 9.99 :) Can't find a pic of the Penneys one online. I love it, although I've run into 2 people with the same one in the past week - such is the norm with Penneys stuff!

yellow-bag-eu25.95-zara.jpg

This image is from Zara, but I got an identical one in Penneys for 9.99 :) Can't find a pic of the Penneys one online. I love it, although I've run into 2 people with the same one in the past week - such is the norm with Penneys stuff!

that's a lovely bag! is there a longer strap on it? I need a new bag, mainly for work. I have bought a few bags in the past year in TK Maxx, brands which I considered good, such as Bessie London & Nika, but they are starting to look really shabby, especially the Bessie one! I am better off buying bags in Penney's at this stage! I wish I could afford a good leather handbag though, everything is so expensive, but I know it would last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    that's a lovely bag! is there a longer strap on it? I need a new bag, mainly for work. I have bought a few bags in the past year in TK Maxx, brands which I considered good, such as Bessie London & Nika, but they are starting to look really shabby, especially the Bessie one! I am better off buying bags in Penney's at this stage! I wish I could afford a good leather handbag though, everything is so expensive, but I know it would last!

I got a lovely bag in Mango, like this one but in red and it seems very good quality, like it's going to last. I only have it a few months but it still looks like new! And they aren't massively expensive. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭FollatonWood

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Yep! You can wear it satchel style, goes right down to your hip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Love that penneys bag!! Deffo on the hunt for that tomorrow!

Just purchased from Mango :
    13057595_06.jpg

23003597_39_B.jpg

Really want to get my hands on a black and white check shirt..... Off I go for a nosy online :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

• Advertisement

image4xl.jpg

Today was payday, treated the OH to a pot of that hair gel Paul Galvin is always banging on about, so said I'd treat myself to this :) From asos

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

75000967_small.jpg
    Just picked this jacket up from Dorothy perkins €16 sure how can you pass it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Got this blouse and pair of MIH jeans in ASOS. I'd been looking for a pair of flared jeans and the 36" leg sold them to me

MIH-Marrakesh-9-590x866.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=99663492

Accessorize. I've been on the lookout for this style and colour for over a year. Finally! :D

bnagrrl wrote: »
    image1xl.jpg

Update on the fit of this. Wore this to a ball over the weekend, very appropriate I thought! :D

I'm 5'7.5" and a 12. The dress is a perfect fit, fitted around the bust, nips the waist and skims over the hips nicely. Didn't feel too tight at all. It hits just above the knee on me so a decent length, which is something I find hard to get at my height.

The only downside is the layered material over the bust is quite thin so you must have the correct undies on otherwise they *might* be noticeable.

All in all I love this dress! Am eyeing up the other colours already. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

il_570xN.255653189.jpg
    il_570xN.264981026.jpg
    1618432_582684805142615_1791732613_n.jpg

Purchased both of the above from a very cool lady by the name of Elisabeth Hamilton over the weekend. She hand makes everything herself and makes custom clothes by request. Fans of the Rockabilly style should check her out and support someone thats doing something thats imo pretty damn cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Justifying my spending today as it is "Treat Yourself Thursday" :o
    image1xl.jpg
    1390577524.365x365.Tfafafa.jpg?sign=8hlaOa5IGW7izl5rQnNDlOt5rD0
    image1xl.jpg
    image1xl.jpg

All from ASOS, not sure of prices :o I think the bag was 50% off, the purse and coat 20% off and I paid full price for the scarf. I know it seems like I'm heading into winter but hey it's Ireland! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

gg2 wrote: »

Really want to get my hands on a black and white check shirt..... Off I go for a nosy online :)

I got a really nice gingham black and white shirt from Uniqlo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

From asos:

Duffle coat

image1xl.jpg

This cute coat has been on my wishlist for a while now, but couldn't justify paying full price for it. 20% asos code was a good incentive. :D

..............Also love that it has tartan lining!! (even if no-one sees it! :p)

Asos-Camel-Plaid-Lined-Coat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Got this snood on ASOS, €8.42 with the 20% off code:

image1xl.jpg

And got these trousers from River Island, reduced from €40 to €25.:) So handy being able to have them delivered free to the store too - no extra delivery charge!

644646_main?$CrossSellProductPage514$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Bodycon denim dress from H&M, had to get a bigger size than I normally take as it was small on the chest but otherwise love it. Note, this is only available in the Dundrom branch. Was 49.45Eur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Picked up this Kate Spade chronograph watch for $112 in Nordstrom Rack, probably has RRP around $250

41bTvhDlSJL._SY300_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Luno wrote: »
    Justifying my spending today as it is "Treat Yourself Thursday" :o
    <SNIP>

Avoid these wallets at all cost, have never felt such cheap material before so disappointed :( Loved everything from my ASOS order though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Saw this t-shirt on a blogger and I couldn't help myself getting one! :D

Found them on ebay and I am just after ordering one in burgundy with white print.

111294584834_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

Went to BT today bought a chanel purse €650. Totally in love with it =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

LoveChanel wrote: »
    Went to BT today bought a chanel purse €650. Totally in love with it =D

That really is so gorgeous. I wish I could justify €650 on a purse but I don't think I'd be able to get over the shock of spending so much on something so little!

Novella wrote: »
    That really is so gorgeous. I wish I could justify €650 on a purse but I don't think I'd be able to get over the shock of spending so much on something so little!

It was a 21st birthday present to myself. I have literally wanted one for ages and once I'm sick of it they are really easy to sell on =]

LoveChanel wrote: »
    It was a 21st birthday present to myself. I have literally wanted one for ages and once I'm sick of it they are really easy to sell on =]

I am justifying myself someday buying a chanel bag with the fact that it will be an heirloom, something to pass onto my daughter, niece or whoever (not really its mine FOREVER....but yanno, for justification:o)

gg2 wrote: »
    I am justifying myself someday buying a chanel bag with the fact that it will be an heirloom, something to pass onto my daughter, niece or whoever (not really its mine FOREVER....but yanno, for justification:o)

Those bags go up in value every year. Thats enough justification =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I don't get these 'investment' things like handbags etc.
    I think it's justification to assure yourself it's okay to spend so much on something so small!
    For me, that's 2 months rent but everyone's priorities are different I guess :-)
    It is lovely!
    I forgot this isn't a 'chat' thread so here's my purchase contribution!!

Sportsworld €30
    speedo_ladies-monogram-muscleback-swimsuit-navy-purple-front_AW13.jpg?w=1400&h=1400&a=7

New Look €11
    297128813?$prod_details_hero$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

8342105251_6_1_1.jpg?timestamp=1392832021954
    Bought this to wear for my birthday this weekend :) Zara
    Strappy-platform-sandal%2C14.jpg?itok=INV5UiSk
    and these to go with :D Penneys

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I bought this Closet dress from ASOS for my upcoming engagement party:

image1xxl.jpg

I've just tried it on and I'm not sure about it :/. It's very flattering from the waist down, but there's weird strap thingies on the shoulders that aren't obvious from the picture at all and make the sleeves look really weird. They're the type designed to hold up sleeves at different lengths, but they're only decorative so they're useless :confused:. The bust area is also swimming on me, despite me having a large bust. I might cut off the shoulder things and pin the bust in and see how it looks then.

It's really disappointing though because it's so pretty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Was Stateside for the last few weeks and picked up tons. Pick of the bunch shown below:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=104717595

To hold my new iPhone 5S :D

6b2e6a3782e9de184b9cdd70a3253ab8.jpg

These were reduced from something like $180 to $35 in Macy's

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=86927854

This dress looks nicer in person and was reduced to $25

cn7232044.jpg

And now I'm flat broke. Worth it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

30881858_435x435.jpg

Warehouse! €25 on sale.

• Advertisement

From Zara. I've wanted asymmetric heels like these for years! :o

1202301040_1_1_1.jpg

1202301040_2_3_1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement