Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Just ordered these , converse by missoni. Can't wait for them to arrive now :)

CTAS_Missoni_Ox1_31917.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Finally, finally got sorted for 2 weddings. I posted 2 dresses here that I bought online and they both went back for refunds. I have searched town, Dundrum, Kildare, Malahide, Naas..... and could not find anything I liked or that fitted well.
    Hit the jackpot in a tiny vintage shop called Quack and Dirk. Dress and shoes for less than €100. Sorry about the photos, the dress in SO much nicer in reality. Thinking of a gold clutch, bangle and maybe something ivory for my hair. No idea what though

1zv8zd4.jpg

21c6t6h.jpg

[IMG][/img]OVc2jq.jpg

Shoes are much darker in reality

Edit: Just got this bag on ebay for €12
    $_57.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@jos I don't think id have picked any of the individual items but together I think you have a really stunning outfit! Totally individual. Id love to see it all together if you were willing to post a headless pic after your wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Yellow Hen, I really wanted something a bit different. I had a pain going round the shops looking at the same stuff over and over. The 2nd wedding is a big one and I was afraid that I'd end up in the same dress as someone younger and skinnier than me :D The dress is so much nicer than the picture shows and she does alterations too. I'll gladly post a pic, cheers !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Just ordered these , converse by missoni. Can't wait for them to arrive

Where did you get these from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Twee. wrote: »
    Where did you get these from?

I got them from nordstrom.com. I'm in the US but I think they deliver internationally?

Just had a look and they are exclusive to Nordstrom for now but the range will be available on converse.com and elsewhere on 28th august

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Birkenstock_Mayari_Blk_LG.jpg

Birkenstock Mayari. Just ordered them from http://www.littletreeshoes.com/ Shipped from Dublin... €55. Had a pair just like them for years but one of the straps broke last summer.

Topshop+hibiscus+skirt.jpg

Topshop! £38.20 online with Unidays discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Scarlet 27

Ordered this dress from www.getthetrend.com for €33.00, I haven't used the website before so hopefully its ok.

keegan__70612.1407093547.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭maroon

Got this beauty today.No picture does it a justice, lovely flattering fit. With a tan belt and tan mary-janes it'll be perfect for work.

http://media.dorothyperkins.com/wcsstore/DorothyPerkins/images/catalog/61600294_2_large.jpg

While I know this is not a request forum, I would love if someone told me where can I find more of these, in different colours, navy, black, maroon... :) With sleeves preferable :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

maroon wrote: »
    Got this beauty today.No picture does it a justice, lovely flattering fit. With a tan belt and tan mary-janes it'll be perfect for work.

http://media.dorothyperkins.com/wcsstore/DorothyPerkins/images/catalog/61600294_2_large.jpg

While I know this is not a request forum, I would love if someone told me where can I find more of these, in different colours, navy, black, maroon... :) With sleeves preferable :)

It's no help really but I got some similar dresses in Awear when they were around. New Look have some of the same brands so could be worth a try?

I miss AWear :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I miss AWear :(

me too, I was wearing my fave skinny jeans today & realised they are from Awear & I want to buy more but can't :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That's a pretty standard skater dress, by the looks of it, so there should be plenty in shops. They've been in fashion for about 2 years now, which is brilliant because they're really comfortable and flattering!

Here's a link to a similar dress in a range of colours, and if you click here, it should bring you to search results for a lot of skater dresses from boohoo.com.

You totally right. The only thing bothers me with some of them is the lenght, being way too short. Point taken on the skater dresses thought,thx.

You totally right. The only thing bothers me with some of them is the lenght, being way too short. Point taken on the skater dresses thought,thx.

Oh yeah, a lot of the boohoo ones are really short :(. I'm 5'5 and I have to be careful about which ones I ordered. I just gave the term skater dress so you can search more easily online for similar dresses - hope it helps somewhat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

They'd be nice with black tights though, short or not :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Holiday/I have no clothes shopping.

318094.JPG

318097.JPG

318096.JPG

318095.JPG

€28 for the whole lot in Penneys. The polka dot one was only €3.

Stupid pictures are all bloody well sideways. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Forgive me father for I have sinned.. I have gone and done an Asos sale binge! I got 6 items for 60 euro which is great value..lets hope its all nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

And the last one! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Great minds Greenduck!! - I also bought a few items in the asos sale.

Asos Ankle Grazer Skinny Trousers - in both black and coral
    image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Oasis Floral Belted Skater Dress
    image1xl.jpg

Oasis Soft Rose Print Trouser
    image1xl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Scarlet 27 wrote: »
    Ordered this dress from www.getthetrend.com for €33.00, I haven't used the website before so hopefully its ok.

Let us know if it's good quality etc.

Will do, it has been dispatched so hopefully will have it in the next day or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up a few things on Amazon this week had a 35% discount code for the Fashion store so i said why not picked up all these for less then €85 euros in brown tommas alone a Religion tee is €45 euros so a extreme savings there

41L2BtOZt%2BL._SX342_.jpg

Mens-t-shirts-Religion-Mens-Praying-Skeleton-Star-Striped-Crew-Neck-Short-Sleeve-T-Shirt.jpg

411tMw67TxL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

religion-men-s-girl-in-flag-crew-neck-striped-short-sleeve-t-shirt.jpg

Men-Selected-Homme-Mens-Mett-S-I-Paisley-Button-Front-Short-Sleeve-Casual-Shirt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Got these shoes for 10 euro in a discount store in Barcelona :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Got these shoes for 10 euro in a discount store in Barcelona :)

no pic or link there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

oh sorry my phone was not playing ball, it looks like its in there now :)

I went to an event in a pull n bear store there too and it was fab great atmosphere and all customers got a 20% off voucher.

Got this dress in blue and black
    http://www.pullandbear.com/ie/en/woman/dresses-c29016.html?NEWCOLLECTION#/4363005/LOW-BACK%20DRESS

got this top in Dunnes this evening, reduced to €5! sorry the pic is very small, couldn't find it on their website anymore
    8227172_multi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I bought this beautiful 1940's style tweed overcoat today - absolute bargain :D Happy days!

P_GLENMERE_HARKISS_A.jpg

.....roll on A/W 2014-2015!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

That is one good looking coat!

• Advertisement

Got the dress, it was better quality than I was expecting, the only thing I'm not keen on is the straps which are like very cheap bra straps but apart from that I quite like it. I like the length, I'm 5'4 and it hits me just at the knee.

Saw the same dress after I ordered it on www.vavavoom.ie for €23.99 so a bit of a saving in case anyone is interested.

11v7epu.jpg
    H&M, €9.99

Find the H&M website a nightmare for trying to find the things you bought in-store!

Bought 2 shirts, 1 white and 1 mint green for €9.99 each (loose fitting, perfect for work)

and a burgundy/maroon 3/4 length sleeved jumper (light material) for €14.99

New Converse after my old ones completely fell apart:

5f10baf2-dfaf-48a5-8ac2-cc6ce0ec57f4-191601011_03.jpg

From Town Shoe in Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been doing some back-to-college shopping before I'm too poor to buy clothes again :P

Boots, €40 from River Island
    655514_main?$CrossSellProductPage514$
    http://eu.riverisland.com/women/shoes--boots/ankle-boots/Black-metal-trim-Chelsea-boots-655514

New Look Petites jeans, €29.99. The length is perfect, hooray!
    297165441?fmt=jpg&wid=318&hei=418
    http://www.newlook.com/eu/shop/womens/petite/petite-dark-blue-acid-wash-skinny-jeans_297165441

Two skater dresses from Boohoo.com; €15 each
    boohoo-sara-long-sleeve-viscose-skater-dress.jpg

88866592.jpg
    http://www.boohoo.com/europe/clothing/dresses/icat/going-out-dresses/sara-long-sleeve-viscose-skater-dress/invt/azz55042

Aaand I got two lovely jumpers from Vero Moda as they were two for €20. I can't find them online unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Decided to invest in some proper jeans. Got these on amazon

199700084-2014-spring-front-pdp.jpg?$1366x768$

got these shoes in Penney's a couple of weeks ago, only €8! They are so comfy, love them :)article-8bc1ef53-9837-4e36-a2a0-f46866f039b6.jpg

Boohoo.com €28
    azz62306_black_xl_2.jpg

Ordered 2 skater dresses and they were yuk, emphasised my hips even more :-( :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I ordered from them before...never again! the dress I ordered looked completely different then the photo they had up. I see Scarlet 27 had better luck though :)

I bought this lovely midi dress from ebay for £15.49 the very same dress selling in stores in Ireland for €29.99. It's lovely on but a bit tight in the bust department...I'll just try stretch it a bit.
    10480964_802690633084348_5444983262367068105_n.jpg?oh=c4372fbefeae9afda18f8f9b42a37f27&oe=5473CF7B&__gda__=1415709713_0ad384b21ca4d4972f5d7c3b1423da54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Bought this in House of Fraser today... 90 euro but I love it!!

http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Dickins+Jones+La+vie+en+rose+dress/200874590,default,pd.html

• Advertisement

I got these leather heeled Chelsea boots in Dunnes on Friday, they are Savida & €55! They are exactly what I've been looking for, I could not leave them and had to have them! I saw a very similar pair in Topshop earlier in the year & was so annoyed I didn't get them.
    They are no where on the Dunnes website for some reason, so I had to take my own photo!

sorry the photo is the wrong way around, I had edited it but its doing its own thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Getting jealous looking at all this gorgeous stuff!! I'm moving to Germany next week so am on a tight budget. Only buying practical stuff that I badly need. So.....new runners!!

http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductImages/_Default/a/s/8/AS866_1_CloudZoom.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Purplecow that black dress with champagne trim is stunning, let me know what it's like on!

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Purplecow that black dress with champagne trim is stunning, let me know what it's like on!

It's lovely.

It might have needed a safety pin on the wrap part though or maybe it was just the particular bra I had on but I caught myself fixing it a few times thruoghout the night but I was doing crazy dancing!

Very flattering on considering I have a difficult shape to flatter!

I have that black dress too. I find it quite flattering, but very low-cut. I need a top inside it as I'm quite busty. It's also longer on me than on the model - a bit below my knee, as far as I remember (I'm 5'5).

Yeah I didn't want to put a top inside as I wore it to a wedding. I think a safety pin might have worked. It looked fine before I headed out but I should have jumped abuot in the mirror for a real test!

It's just about knee length or below (can't even remember now!) and I'm 5'3"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

i got this navy polkadot off the shoulder dress from Dorothy Perkins - I did read the review and did get a bigger size as a result but it is very pretty if a bit low cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Yeah I didn't want to put a top inside as I wore it to a wedding. I think a safety pin might have worked. It looked fine before I headed out but I should have jumped abuot in the mirror for a real test!

It's just about knee length or below (can't even remember now!) and I'm 5'3"

Do you have a link for that dress please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Popped into Oasis today and picked up both these skirts for a mere €22!
    I'm hoping to maybe wear the second one to a christening on sunday but not quite sure what to wear with it :/

3440099861_2.jpg

4440040268_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

I love that dress purplecow1977! Do you know what it would be like on smaller-chested ladies? I'm a size 10ish, but pear shaped.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement