Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology enzyme experiments

Options
  • 20-05-2007 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Could someone please clear up where I stand with these 4 experiments? I heard that there is a choice between 2 of them but can't seem to find out which ones in any book or website, there is no, OR, like within the photosynthesis experiments.

The enzyme ones are
    To Determine the Effect of pH on the Rate of Enzyme Action.
    To Determine the Effect of Temperature on the Rate of Enzyme Action.
    Investigate the Effect of Heat Denaturation on the Activity of an Enzyme.
    Prepare an Enzyme Immobilisation and Examine its Application.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

As far as I know (and I could be wrong) you could be asked a question on enzymes (not guarenteed) and it could be any of those four. They are all pretty similar and if you know one you might as well know the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

dont think theres an or in this section. but the first 3 are very similar anyways and the last is nearly exactly like the alcohol making experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

there is no choice on this. All 4 experiments must be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 quacks

Do you have to know both catalase and amylase experiments or do you just chhose one? If one, which one tends to be most popular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Which did you use? You just choose one of them, it's the same experiement.

Catalase with celrery and amylase on starch I think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Technically, 3 of the 4 could be on the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

adam_ccfc wrote:
    Technically, 3 of the 4 could be on the paper!

Indeed but unlikely. And one of these experiments usually comes up in one form or another a lot.

Advertisement