Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Funny incident today on the N7

Options
  • 20-05-2007 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Ambling along the N7 in the middle lane this morning, just before Naas on the Dublin side when a UK reg one of these shot past me on the outside lane. I'd say doing around 90mph:
    360%20Spider%20photo_rearred.jpg

Stuck to his arse, and I mean max 1 foot away, was some inbred twat in a decripit one of these, also UK reg:
    e_34_4.jpg

A couple of seconds later a cop car shot past me, also in the outside lane. Blue lights go on. Then the half wit in the BMW pulls into the middle lane, and amazingly the cop keeps on after the Ferrari. Two things irked me about this: the cop could only pull over one car, but instead of pulling in the BMW which was speeding and tailgaiting, he opts to pull in the Ferrari later on. The 2nd thing is that pretty much any car can do 90mph. What did that eejit think he was proving by driving a foot away from the Ferrari (if yer man in the 360 dropped the hammer the gap wouldn't be long opening up).

Shortly afterwards I passed the former "Deliverance" actor, displaying his lack of teeth with a big cheesy grin, obviously happy with today's escape from the law.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

he should of taken the other reg and gone after it later, although both being uk is there much can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

maybe the ferrari driver had done something to piss the BMW driver off earlier on and the cops had noticed it... decided to pull him instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Not much can be done as they were uk reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

drdre wrote:

Other than on the spot fines, no, I don't think so. Tho the muppet in the BMW could probably have had himself a day in court for dangerous driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

can your car be taken off you and your licence be suspended if your caught doing over 100mph?

does this apply to foreign reg cars too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,342 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JHMEG wrote:
    Stuck to his arse, and I mean max 1 foot away

:eek: There can never be an excuse for that. Perhaps the BMW driver secretly wanted to have sexual intercourse with the Ferrari driver bugger style?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

AFAIK in situations where multiple cars are speeding, the Garda will always pursue the leading or front car. They don't have the ability to multi-task :D

It's happened to me previously, I was the 2nd car and the Garda pulled the guy in front of me and I continued on my merry way. However I certainly wasn't tailgating, thats extremely dangerous and wreckless.

For the record, I'm not condoning speeding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,743 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I know a person who was in the middle of a good few cars going over the limit, they got pulled over by a cop car that made its way up through the traffic (all going at the same speed) There were, according to this person, at least 5 cars ahead of him, and a larger number behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

I guess maybe in that situation, the driver / car was singled out for a reason. Perhaps the Garda witnessed some sort of dangerous manoeuvre while in persuit or I wouldn't rule out taking a dislike to a certain "type" of car. Nothing really would surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Was the driver of the F430 in his mid-40s? If so chances are it was the same UK reg'd car I seen driving gingerly by Peamount Hospital at about 1230pm yesterday.
    **06 ***

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

drdre wrote:
    Any non Irish registered car can be siezed IIRC

I guess maybe in that situation, the driver / car was singled out for a reason. Perhaps the Garda witnessed some sort of dangerous manoeuvre while in persuit or I wouldn't rule out taking a dislike to a certain "type" of car. Nothing really would surprise me.
    from what they tell me, they were driving along in traffic, over the speed limit, but not doing anything else dangerous. Wouldn't ahve been a boy racer issue either, they ain't a 'boy' and the car wouldn't have been a typical boy racer car.

I dunno, i'm not saying the gardai was wrong to pull them over for it, they were speeding, just pointing out you can get done for keeping up with the traffic ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

kbannon wrote:
    Any non Irish registered car can be siezed IIRC

Yep.

And hopefully they saved the BMW "for later" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is it not a case where if there are a number of cars speeding, the Gardai will always go to stop the one in front?

DarkJager wrote:
    Is it not a case where if there are a number of cars speeding, the Gardai will always go to stop the one in front?
    no - as i have said above, i know of one person who was done for speeding in a long line of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

In the states, they stop the rear car, take your licence (as in put it in their pocket) then take off after the lead car, dont see whay they couldnt do it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

pred racer wrote:
    In the states, they stop the rear car, take your licence (as in put it in their pocket) then take off after the lead car, dont see whay they couldnt do it here.

How does the driver get the licence back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

pred racer wrote:

Possibly becasue most people don't carry their licenses despite the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

At least someone was giving their ferrari the beans! Most of them don't seem to get over 20mph, trundling round saith cainty dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

drdre wrote:
    How does the driver get the licence back?

When they come back to give you the ticket, I should have mentioned that they also tell you to stay there and that it is an offence to drive without a licence and they radio your licence plate to the station.
    all this happens in about 2.5 second before they hare after the other fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 GroundHog

JHMEG wrote:
    Ambling along the N7 in the middle lane this morning, just before Naas on the Dublin side when a UK reg one of these shot past me on the outside lane. I'd say doing around 90mph:
    360%20Spider%20photo_rearred.jpg

Stuck to his arse, and I mean max 1 foot away, was some inbred twat in a decripit one of these, also UK reg:
    e_34_4.jpg

A couple of seconds later a cop car shot past me, also in the outside lane. Blue lights go on. Then the half wit in the BMW pulls into the middle lane, and amazingly the cop keeps on after the Ferrari. Two things irked me about this: the cop could only pull over one car, but instead of pulling in the BMW which was speeding and tailgaiting, he opts to pull in the Ferrari later on. The 2nd thing is that pretty much any car can do 90mph. What did that eejit think he was proving by driving a foot away from the Ferrari (if yer man in the 360 dropped the hammer the gap wouldn't be long opening up).

Shortly afterwards I passed the former "Deliverance" actor, displaying his lack of teeth with a big cheesy grin, obviously happy with today's escape from the law.

Here's my real concern, why did the garda not pull both drivers over for overtaking in the Outside lane - as a regular user of the N7 - Naas - Dublin, i thought it was only legal to use the hard shoulder for overtaking!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

GroundHog wrote:
    i thought it was only legal to use the hard shoulder for overtaking!!!!

:eek:
    WHAT???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

prospect wrote:
    WHAT???

Hahahahaha ... thats called undertaking :D ... Totally Illegal and Dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Was GroundHog not being ironic?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 GroundHog

Fey! wrote:
    Was GroundHog not being ironic?

Thanks Fey...Ironic YES, speaking the truth YES. I was thinking of joining the Garda Reserve if they'd let me have a stinger to use on the N7 (damn all buses)Lane at Citywest. Anyday now there's going to be a serious incident here, very surprised that duriung that big pile up in the fog earliuer this year there weren't more fatalities - a friend described as being like the road out of Kuwait after the iraqi forces got slammed by the helicopter gunships....hey there's an idea forget the Garda! is there an Air Corp reserve?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Gerry wrote:
    At least someone was giving their ferrari the beans! Most of them don't seem to get over 20mph, trundling round saith cainty dublin.

Now goys, don't be taking the Rourke out of the D4 crowd just because they don't take the Daniel Day or the Dorsh, for focks sake, roysh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

JHMEG wrote:
    Ambling along the N7 in the middle lane this morning

Why the middle lane? were you overtaking?

X.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Arent all the lanes on the N7 of equal importance??

Also "Saith Cainty Dublin", are they from derry? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The Garda probs wanted a closer look at the Ferrari! "So how much does one of these go for?" / "If you have to ask, you can't afford it!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement