Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wow This Is Cheap :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

He has zero feedback... hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Onkle wrote:

yeah but some new ebayer will get scammed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Does it really matter in this case whether he has zero feedback?
    If you are interested in the car get a phone number, do all the usual checks like HPI, RAC inspection, verify service records, etc.
    If it's so cheap then there shoudl be plenty of cash left over to do the necessary checks. Just don't buy it as if it's a book or some other cheap E-Bay item.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I noticed a report item link so i did that. Someone at Ebay can decide if its real or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Saruman wrote:
    I noticed a report item link so i did that. Someone at Ebay can decide if its real or not :D

Why would you do that? Had you any interest in buying that car? Any proof that there was something dodgy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I'd imagine that if it were to be dodgy, the person selling it would try to do so at a more realistic price, so as not to arouse suspicion.

I hope for some lucky punter's sake that it is not dodgy.

The main picture of the listing is a bit peculiar, I have to admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

amg-slurp wrote:
    Why would you do that? Had you any interest in buying that car? Any proof that there was something dodgy?

I'll answer this.

1. Why would someone report this?

To "out" a potential fraudster. It's patently obvious this car is priced at a ridiculous level, a level that would entice someone to try to buy it.

2. What do you mean by "proof"?
    It's people like you who help fraudsters get away with their activities. Anything suspicious should be investigated. If the seller is genuine then he has nothing to fear.

Whether the person was interested in buying the car is irrelevant.

Would you care if someone got caught by a thief? Or is it someone else's problem?

amg-slurp wrote:

Do you know the actual price of the car.If you did you eouldnt ask that question

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

In fairness, these scams are getting old. IMHO if you're greedy and stupid enough to go through that, you deserve to get scammed.

Also, eBay don't remove fraudulent 'Classifield Ads', only fraudulent auctions from what I Can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If a 2006 Golf R32 only cost STG £10K in the UK then we'd all be on the first ferry across the Irish sea to buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

when they try get you to use regular email instead of ebay email its a pure scam.its so ebay cant see what conversation is going on between seller and potential buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Yes, my bid was accepted. Now to get my western union money order off and wait for delivery....lucky lucky me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yes, my bid was accepted. Now to get my western union money order off and wait for delivery....lucky lucky me

Damn it you got there before me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

JohnCleary wrote:
    Damn it you got there before me :(

I sell you the car, say 12k, send a western union money order to....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

Onkle wrote:
    everyone has zero feedback at some stage but that is a scam obviously
    anyone interested in getting their own back on scammers? try www.419eater.com

bazz26 wrote:
    If a 2006 Golf R32 only cost STG £10K in the UK then we'd all be on the first ferry across the Irish sea to buy one.

Yeah i would buy only only one but two. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

The calling card of the wallet inspector..., this gets contact outside ebays system as email address is only used, sale made, mug gets rightfully ripped off :D

a2e0_1.JPG

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    The calling card of the wallet inspector..., this gets contact outside ebays system as email address is only used, sale made, mug gets rightfully ripped off :D

a2e0_1.JPG

Yeah that was the funniest thins i noticed on his page. :D

Thats because he doesnt want to make contact through ebay system as he knows he will be banned soon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They sell for about €48,000 here so ~€15,000 before VRT looks totally suspect.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    They sell for about €48,000 here so ~€15,000 before VRT looks totally suspect.

yes, I agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

amg-slurp wrote:
    [PHP][/PHP]

You muppet! Did you even look at the listing? For feck sake the giant image requesting your email address so he can contact you outside of ebays system gives it away... jaysus...

amg-slurp wrote:

I think you are the one taking the pi$$ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drdre wrote:
    I think you are the one taking the pi$$ :p

Maybe he is the seller.. :D

bazz26 wrote:
    Maybe he is the seller.. :D

Yeah you never know :D

Advertisement