Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sailor sleep ability yoke...thing...

• 21-05-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Was drifting off to sleep late last night while listening to the radio (Phantom FM) and there was a song that was just ambient music with an old Englishman talking over it. It seemed like a genuine interview set to music and he was retelling his days as a sailor.

Anyway the interesting bit was that he was talking about how the crew of his ship would be awoken from their sleep if another ship was approaching, even though the sound of the approaching ship didn't technically make enough noise to wake a human up...if you get me. He said that it was some phenomenon that alert sailors develop. They can sense a ship or a group of people approaching and will be awoken.

:confused:

Anybody know any more about that? And what the song was?! :D It made me drift off before I could get the name... :o

Advertisement