Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst song by a band you love

Options
  • 21-05-2007 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Is there any song, by one of your very favourite bands, that you just can't stand?
    I've got a few; 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica, 'Baby's got a temper' by The Prodigy (may have got the title wrong), 'Alive' by Pearl Jam and perhaps worst of all 'He got game' by Public Enemy. Don't get me wrong, I love all of those bands- I've seen all of them live (some of them twice), but those songs are terrible.

I love Led Zep, someone will shoot me for this, but is there anyone there that thinks 'stairway...' is the biggest load of f\/ckin sh1te?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah I'd shoot you for that.

Smashing Pumpkins have plenty of dodgy songs but I generally like all of their 'hits'.

Massive QOTSA fan, not really a fan of No One Knows... wouldn't go so far to say I hate it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Both repeat(Us and uk) of the first manics album dreadful stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

oh blah dee oh blah da - The beatles

Blah dee crap,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

'Baby's got a temper' by The Prodigy (may have got the title wrong), '
    They enthusiastically admitted that was a pile of sh1te in an interview in Q and offered to refund anyone who bought it (its an absoloutely gas "christ, what the **** had we taken" chat re that song :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭klaus flouride

Definitely agree with the obla da, obla di comment- apparently that was their attempt at reggae, definitely the worst part of that album (except for revolution 9). Didn't know the prodigy admitted 'baby' was terrible- guess they had to in the end. Kind of surprised only a few people responded to this, perhaps alot of people are too inobjective when it comes to criticism of bands they like; surely theres someone out there who regrets their initial enthusiasm for Nirvana, I'm definitely one.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, crap lyrics are also on the agenda here;I like a bit of sinatra- a bit mind you (hey, c'mon now- who isn't a bit of a sinatra fan, and yes, i know he didn't write his own songs) do you know his song 'Love and Marriage'? You might remember it as being the theme tune to 'Married with children' (Al Bundy & Co.), these first lines are: "Love and marriage, love and marriage, - Go together like a horse and carriage - Ask the local gentry, and they will say its elementary" ; Can you imagine going down to your local pub to inquire as to what your 'local gentry' think about marriage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I love Led Zep, someone will shoot me for this, but is there anyone there that thinks 'stairway...' is the biggest load of f\/ckin sh1te?

Yes - Amen brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Captain Smiggy

The tourist-Rajohead
    Revolution 9- FCUK OFF YOKO!
    Low C- Supergrass
    The Strokes- I forget the name of the song, but the one on First impressions of Earth where he says "I've got nothing to say" for a full minute and a half, man that one annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Counting Crows - 'Accidentally In Love' & 'Big Yellow Taxi'

- sold out big time with that pap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Queen - Body Language

The Beatles - Love Me Do/She Loves You/From Me To You (basically half of their number1 album!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

fittier happier: radiohead.... almost the perfect 10/10 but they had to include that sheite.
    100% Agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

fittier happier: radiohead.... almost the perfect 10/10 but they had to include that sheite.

u could never picture raiohead perfomin that song live :confused: loada b*llox i thaught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pink Floyd - Seamus ;)

Mike.

My friend, who's more into radiohead than i am, told me thats the voice of stephen hawking (astro-physicist-wheelchair-voicebox-man) talking on the track- could anyone verify this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Beds Are Burning was a worldwide hit for Midnight Oil who I believe to be the best band there ever was. But Beds are burning is the worst thing they ever did. Actually its the only song of theirs I dont like out a 20 year recording career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

My friend, who's more into radiohead than i am, told me thats the voice of stephen hawking (astro-physicist-wheelchair-voicebox-man) talking on the track- could anyone verify this?

It's definitely nothing to do with Stephen Hawking. Do a search for a program called Talkany and you can do a cover of it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

Various programs have talk thingys where you write in what you want and it says it.(as far as I know,the voice used was called fred(or was that paranaoid android?))

Ah theres a good few off Radioheads pablo honey and amnesiac I don't really like.

And a few off black holes and revelations by Must - Soldiers poem,hoodoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Chinese Whispers - New Model Army.
    Ruined what could have otherwise been a perfect album (Thunder and Consolation)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The lemon song by Led Zeppelin. Its just the stupid, childish lyrics. Sometimes I would like to punch Robert Plant in the face. I cant get over them on this song. Jesus, every time he does a vocal solo. Its a voice dude, not a goddamn guitar, sing words or shut the **** up. Also a lot of their later stuff was quite poor, in through the out door, for example, had few highlight tracks.
    Also what the hell were Rage against the Machine thinking releasing Evil Empire? What a truly scarily bad album from a fantastic band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

The lemon song by Led Zeppelin. Its just the stupid, childish lyrics. Sometimes I would like to punch Robert Plant in the face. I cant get over them on this song. Jesus, every time he does a vocal solo. Its a voice dude, not a goddamn guitar, sing words or shut the **** up.

how do you not like the lemon song? plant's voice is class in it, jimmy's guitar playing in amazing and there is a class bassline. then again led zep 2 is my alltime favourite album.

Im not a big fan of 'hats off roy harper' by zep

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Is there any song, by one of your very favourite bands, that you just can't stand?
    I've got a few; 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica, 'Baby's got a temper' by The Prodigy (may have got the title wrong), 'Alive' by Pearl Jam and perhaps worst of all 'He got game' by Public Enemy. Don't get me wrong, I love all of those bands- I've seen all of them live (some of them twice), but those songs are terrible.

Have to disagree with the Metallica and Pearl Jam songs you mention. As for Led Zep, used to love 'stairway...' when I was much younger, but when I got in to them, I realised it's probably their worst song ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

That's bizarre because I feel that Nothing Else Matters is one of their best songs! It's like Lars is finally opening-up to everyone and is ignoring his hard-ass image.

My nomination is Bryan Adams' Don't Give It Up, featuring Chicane, Dreadful stuff... ...

Surely you meant to say 'finally james is opening up' - as in james hetfield the person singing the song.

I'm of a similar opinion about the lemon song, the music is good but the lyrics are really annoying. Guns 'n' Roses had moments like this, great music but sometimes really crap lyrics would come spewing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Ahh, it's not Lars? If that's so, then I'm sorry for the mistake. I'm not a big Metallica fan.

Kevster wrote:
    Ahh, it's not Lars? If that's so, then I'm sorry for the mistake. I'm not a big Metallica fan.

Don't worry bout it- crap song anyway. But if you do wanna hear hetfield opening up give the 'load' album a listen. Metallica fans always say its bad 'cos it doesn't go at 90 miles an hour, but i reckon more people should listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Anything that Syd Barret sang with Pink Floyd is fcuking terrible, considering the brilliance of some of their later work.

Don't like 'electioneering' by Radiohead. An average song on a great album (fitter happier is just a pisstake but probably should have been left as a b-side or something).

Pearl Jam also did a daft 'song' called 'stupid mop' on vitalogy. Another bit of indulgent arsing around that should have left as a b-side filler and not include on an album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Oh yeah?

What about Dyer Maker then?!?!?!?!

Thats the worst f*ckin song I have ever heard!!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    aidan24326 wrote:
    Pearl Jam also did a daft 'song' called 'stupid mop' on vitalogy. Another bit of indulgent arsing around that should have left as a b-side filler and not include on an album.

Granted your dead right, but they also did a song about bugs with only an accordion backing up the weirdo lyrics :D

Vitalogy is still their best album by a mile IMO :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The lemon song by Led Zeppelin. Its just the stupid, childish lyrics. Sometimes I would like to punch Robert Plant in the face. I cant get over them on this song. Jesus, every time he does a vocal solo. Its a voice dude, not a goddamn guitar, sing words or shut the **** up. Also a lot of their later stuff was quite poor, in through the out door, for example, had few highlight tracks.
    Also what the hell were Rage against the Machine thinking releasing Evil Empire? What a truly scarily bad album from a fantastic band.

Yeah Lemon song is sh!t. So is Tangerine!.

I cannot agree with you about Evil Empire. I think it is the finest music Rage Against The Machine ever produced. And I think that it is most likely the pinnacle of anything the band members have ever released based on their performance as solo artists and in Audioslave :). Maybe is sentimental value or something but Evil Empire will always be my favourite Rage effort.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry to go off topic but can anyone tell me why Janes Addiction are actually famous/legendary/thought of as good ?!?!?!

I mean I have listen to Strays and in fairness there are 2 or 3 good songs but the rest is just utter sh!te!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Any Guns n Roses fan will agree....My World the last song on the UYI2 it seem, like Axl just put it on and never told anyone when the rest of the band left the studio

Advertisement