Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fit an armrest to an A4?

Options
  • 21-05-2007 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Is it possible to buy and fit an armrest on the A4? Mine doesn't have one but i know a lot of them come factory fitted. I have the previous model A4, not the latest model. I reckon it would make a big difference to comfort on long journeys, talking about the front seats btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I believe it is but they are not cheap.try ebay or http://www.vagparts.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

http://www.kamei-online.co.uk/armrests.html#centrearm

I fitted a Kamei armrest sourced from the above shop into my A4.

It doesn't require you to cut holes in the centre console. It attaches to the rails under the two front seats and, unlike the photos, actually blends in quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

thanks for that. Bit pricier than i thought, i'll have to justify the comfort factor a bit more maybe...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

I retro-fitted an original Audi armrest and it involves a bit of cutting of the centre console, if you are comfortable with that then it really isn't that difficult.

cyborg wrote:
    I retro-fitted an original Audi armrest and it involves a bit of cutting of the centre console, if you are comfortable with that then it really isn't that difficult.

I'm just not fully sure where to get one though, at least something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. where did you get yours if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try sourcing a second hand one from a scrap yard, Traynors up North, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

I came across it on ebay (~50euro) but it didn't have the bracket which bolts to the car - that alone cost 40 euro form audi!! Makes a huge difference to the feel of the car well worth it if yuo can find one reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

cyborg wrote:
    I came across it on ebay (~50euro) but it didn't have the bracket which bolts to the car - that alone cost 40 euro form audi!! Makes a huge difference to the feel of the car well worth it if yuo can find one reasonably priced.

yeah i think it's a worthwhile investment. I'll chance a few scrapyards, try ebay for a while etc. and see if i can get anything . I've no issue with fitting it myself.

Cheers for all your comments people!

Advertisement