Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Scirocco

Options
  • 21-05-2007 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

New pictures of the VW Scirocco, much better looking than the concept. Personally I'd prefer this over the new A5 any day.
    42itpw3.jpg
    42ml6qe.jpg

Concept
    iroc-r3q-a.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looks great! I like both that and the A5. I saw an original Scirocco recently, still a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

That looks the biz alright,might be a bit of a squeeze in the back.
    What engine does it come with? R32?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

FX Meister wrote:
    much better looking than the concept. Personally I'd prefer this over the new A5 any day

Totally agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Is it just me or does the concept look like a "reimagined" mid-90s Civic?

Revised version looks a lot better though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Like it and the A5, except for the rear...looks flat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Wow - It looks fantastic!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

looking good, not sure i'd prefer it to an A5 since it does like a bit small and civic like, but if is doing to be 20k or so cheaper than an A5 it isn't much of a contest! Looks quite like the Audi Shooting brake concept.
    surprised by the GTI badge though? and if it was a GTI would it not have only the GTI badge on the back?
    Any further news on when it will be available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Is it just me or does the concept look like a "reimagined" mid-90s Civic?

Revised version looks a lot better though!

I was just thinking that it looked like the same rear as on the old Mitzi Colt or the civic.

The red pics look like a new corrado, and hats what the badge looks like on the back. it also DOES say gti on it doesnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ghupta Yahd

Nice lines but I don't like the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭fits

macshadow wrote:
    What engine does it come with? R32?

I believe its going to come with a range of engines starting with a 1.5 (???) Going up to the R32..
    We have the last new one bought in Ireland... a '92 1.8 GTII Tis sweet :D Just love driving it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I would prefer the concept car.it looks great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Front half looks good. Rear looks as if it has just been hacked off. Would have been interested if it had a bit more taper and boot behind the rear wheels.

When is the new scirocco being released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Haven't found too many details on it. Maybe it will have the 2.0T from the S3 but the detuned version that has been in some of the ltd edition golfs. I'd imagine some bog standard engines as well so it has more appeal to drivers not willing to spend a fortune on a fast engine and insurance to boot.

pretty sure I read somewhere that it is expected to have at least a couple of TSI engines available, a 1.6TSI rumoured with 200bhp.

actually went looking for more info and discovered that the 'new' pics above are not new at all, they appear to be ancient pre-concept ones from nearly two years ago:

http://jalopnik.com/cars/gossip/autobild-specs-the-upcoming-volkswagen-scirocco-coupe-141525.php

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/autobild-rocks-the-scirocco-photos-139260.php

a bit dissapointing tbh.

copacetic wrote:
    pretty sure I read somewhere that it is expected to have at least a couple of TSI engines available, a 1.6TSI rumoured with 200bhp.

It should be more than 200bhp.

drdre wrote:
    It should be more than 200bhp.

well 210 is what they say, but they could tune it to give whatever
    they want..

copacetic wrote:
    well 210 is what they say, but they could tune it to give whatever
    they want..

Yeah i think it would be around the 300 mark easily as nowadays all good cars have high bhp.We will just wait and see.Im going to try get a test drive once its available :D

well 300bhp is extremely unlikely imo. considering the S3 is 265 and the gti is only 200..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

drdre wrote:
    Yeah i think it would be around the 300 mark easily as nowadays all good cars have high bhp.We will just wait and see.Im going to try get a test drive once its available :D

Not from a 1.6 TSI.

Not from a 1.6 TSI.
    Why not.If you can get 170 bhp from a 1.4 TSI anf this can be remapped to over 220bhp.Why cant a 1.6 TSI reach around 300 BHP.
    It can easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

drdre wrote:
    Why not.If you can get 170 bhp from a 1.4 TSI anf this can be remapped to over 220bhp.Why cant a 1.6 TSI reach around 300 BHP.
    It can easily.

I wouldn't like to drive a remapped 220BHP 1.4 TSI - engine would be like a time-bomb waiting to blow a hole out the block. 50BHP increase in a car already upped in power from 140?

ciarsd wrote:
    I wouldn't like to drive a remapped 220BHP 1.4 TSI - engine would be like a time-bomb waiting to blow a hole out the block. 50BHP increase in a car already upped in power from 140?

I would love to drive it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭cavanmaniac

What's the story with that 1.4 TSI, is that the one that develops an unfeasibly large amount of bhp? Anyone driven one?

Is it avilable in Ireland and if not, why not? Would be a serious VRT, tax and insurance busting option although I'm sure the backstards politicians would invent a special twin-turbo tax or something just to can continue surreptiously raping us...

What's the story with that 1.4 TSI, is that the one that develops an unfeasibly large amount of bhp? Anyone driven one?

Is it avilable in Ireland and if not, why not? Would be a serious VRT, tax and insurance busting option although I'm sure the backstards politicians would invent a special twin-turbo tax or something just to can continue surreptiously raping us...

it's available in the golf gt, golf sport tsi and the sharon so far. in various different bhp, 170, 140, 140 respectively I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭cavanmaniac

Can only find 140bhp 1.4s here: http://www.volkswagen.ie/configurator/index.cfm?fuseaction=vw.Variant&modelID=281&bodyID=4236

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Can only find 140bhp 1.4s here: http://www.volkswagen.ie/configurator/index.cfm?fuseaction=vw.Variant&modelID=281&bodyID=4236

Am I looking in the wrong place?

No you can buy them 170bhp and then get them remapped for around 500 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Advertisement