Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Dentist

Options
  • 21-05-2007 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I think I need to get a tooth pulled or at the very least get it checked out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

there is a dentist beside mac issac's on bridge street.. the girlfriend goes there.. supposed to be very good..

avoid the one near forster court.. i went in for a pull, ended up with 10 fillings and a root canal that i didnt ask for :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Dentist beside Mac Isaacs is Brendan Fordes, go there myself and he's quite good, bit expensive but they're all at it now sure...also theres a guy down oppoisite the bakers in the Corn Store that girfriend used to goto,kavanagh I think is his name,supposed to be very nice + cheaper than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

There's FX on Forster Street, beside the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I've got a lovely plyers here if its any good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I was eyeing up my Dremel at 6am sunday morning when I couldn't sleep.

Mmmm, painkillers.

Tried Kavanagh, they're full as one of them is off this week.
    Going to ring a place in Salthill tomorrow.

Thanks for the help folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

I go to Fiona Lyons who works with Brendan Forde, find her brill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Dude...tell your sister she has fat ankles or something and she will remove the offending tooth..... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I went to the one around Forster court most recently, it's beside Almurettos. Very competent folks, I thought, and the dentist even gave me a mirror to watch her work away in my mouth, which was oddly far more reassuring than not knowing what those horrible whining drill sounds are doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prune

Andrew Lally down near the docks is good, fixed my broken tooth and was pretty cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

I cant reccomend Jason McEvaddy on middle street Highly enough.

Really sound guy, who didn't give out about me eating too many sweets/drinking too much coke.

he had to do root canal on me & I didnt feel a thing.

A little pricey though but I would not go to anyone else.

I went to another dentist down by the living room a few years ago & she got the Nurse to hold my head down while pulling a tooth that I thought just needed a filling - the tooth broke in half & it was very painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

prune wrote:
    Andrew Lally down near the docks is good, fixed my broken tooth and was pretty cheap

That's who I go to! He's a legend! And damn good at his work too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Guy called Kilraine, Eyre Sq. or thereabouts. Excellent dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

prune wrote:
    Address or phone for this one? I need to get a check up.

biko wrote:
    Address or phone for this one? I need to get a check up.

Ground Floor Steamship Hse Dock st Galway. Phone: (091)563342
    His Dad is in the same place so when you ring make sure you ask for Andrew - although not been to his Da, he could be good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I cant reccomend Jason McEvaddy on middle street Highly enough.

Really sound guy, who didn't give out about me eating too many sweets/drinking too much coke.

he had to do root canal on me & I didnt feel a thing.

A little pricey though but I would not go to anyone else.

I went to another dentist down by the living room a few years ago & she got the Nurse to hold my head down while pulling a tooth that I thought just needed a filling - the tooth broke in half & it was very painful.

I went to Tony McLoughlin in Devon House (just left as you turn up into Dr. Mannix Rd. in Lower Salthill.

He was fierce efficient, told me off about the sugary crap - which I've been replacing with fruit etc. more and more lately. But the damage has been done, so I've to get a good few fillings (the majority of my teeth have cavities of some sort) over the summer, and a bit of orthodontist work to close up gaps which have formed since I had braces in my teens because apparently it's recently been found that people's jaws change shape as they hit the 20-ish mark.
    Predator Maw here I come.

He couldn't pull my tooth as it was anchored by 3 massive roots, but the top was pretty badly decayed, and would shatter if he applied enough force.
    So that resulted in a surgical extraction where he sliced up the tooth into sections and removed it piece by piece.
    Still taking the painkillers and anti-inflamatories.
    Because it was a surgical thingy, cost a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

yer one out in oranmore is quailty as are most of her assisents....

shes also a very good dentist

SyxPak wrote:
    He couldn't pull my tooth as it was anchored by 3 massive roots, but the top was pretty badly decayed, and would shatter if he applied enough force.
    So that resulted in a surgical extraction where he sliced up the tooth into sections and removed it piece by piece.
    Still taking the painkillers and anti-inflamatories.
    Because it was a surgical thingy, cost a bit more.

Sounds lovely - thanks for letting us know!!! Hope your feeling better after it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

prune wrote:
    Ground Floor Steamship Hse Dock st Galway. Phone: (091)563342
    His Dad is in the same place so when you ring make sure you ask for Andrew - although not been to his Da, he could be good too!

Conor is his father's name.

He's a good dentist, but he scares me a little bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement