Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emoticon request

Options
  • 21-05-2007 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm a regular poster on the poker forum where we talk about poker and the like a lot. Anyways, when a poker player is telling another about a poker hand that he played it is nessecary for him to type out the cards he was dealt and other cards in the hand etc etc as you can imagine. He also must type the suit of each particular card. This is usually done by typing for example "As" to represent the Ace of spades.

What I would like to propose is that 4 little emoticons be added to emoticons list which are a little heart, spade, club and diamond. Then when typing out cards a player could type A :spade: which would produce a little spade icon and so on. This would make it far easier to read other people posts and would benefit us a lot. I've included the icons below.

club.gifheart.gifspade.gifdiamond.gif

I don't claim to know much about forum programing but afaik this isn't difficult to implement and I have seen this on numerous other poker forums where it is used extensivly.

Thank you.

Note: this is an xpost from Help Desk which apparently was the wrong place to post. Sorry about that.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Advertisement