Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch woman still likes gorilla despite attack

Options
  • 21-05-2007 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18767315/?GT1=9951
    Dutch woman still likes gorilla despite attack
    400-pound male ape who bit her at zoo ‘remains my darling,’ victim says

MSNBC News Services
    Updated: 11:02 a.m. ET May 20, 2007
    AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - A 57-year-old Dutch woman who was attacked by a 400-pound gorilla at a Rotterdam zoo said the ape was still her favorite even though she felt she was going to die when he bit her.

“I go to the zoo almost every day with my husband, and we’re always going to see Bokito. I even have pictures and videos from Berlin when he was only 4 months old,” the woman told Dutch mass-circulation daily Telegraaf.

“He is and remains my darling,” the paper quoted the woman as saying from her hospital bed, where she is being treated for bite wounds and a broken arm and wrist.

The 11-year-old male gorilla burst out of its enclosure on Friday and went on a rampage in the zoo’s cafeteria before being recaptured.

“I stood by the small apes in the Africa section when I heard a thud behind me. I turned around and there was Bokito. I had nowhere to go. He gripped me, sat on me with his full weight and began biting me,” the woman told the Telegraaf.

“I could only think, ‘Oh God, I’m going to die, I’m going to die.’”

The Telegraaf said people had since come from across the country to Rotterdam Zoo to see the gorilla.

Three other people received minor injuries in the panic that broke out among zoo visitors.

Dutch media reported that Bokito also escaped from his enclosure at Berlin’s zoo in 2004 before he was moved to Rotterdam.

It is now proposed to keep the ogrilla on hte M50, as there is no way out.

Advertisement