Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgment Day ***SPOILERS***

• 21-05-2007 5:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

**********SPOILERS BELOW************

DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN JUDGMENT DAY

What did everyone think? Bit of a mixed bag I thought. Punk - Burke and the Tag Title Match were my two favourite matches.

It pissed me off that the Lashley McMahon feud took up so much of Raw for the last few weeks and then that match was so short. I knew Vince was gonna screw with the rules when Lashley won so easily.

Batista - Edge was pretty short too.

And Cena Khali wasn't quite as bad as I thought but I still thought Cena was gonna FU him to win it.

It looks like Michaels is gonna be out for a while which is a pity. I have tickets to Raw in two weeks and he was one I was looking forward to.

On a side note, I'm in Toronto at the minute and got to watch Judgment Day in a Cinema which was brilliant. Wasn't too many people there which kinda took away from the atmosphere. I'd say the bigger events are great Craic with a full house. Do you think enough people would go in Ireland to justify the Cinemas showing them?

Overall I thought Judgment Day was about average. Nothing really bad but nothing spectacular either.
    What did everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

littlejp wrote:
    [ Do you think enough people would go in Ireland to justify the Cinemas showing them?

Not at 1am in the morning I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Didn't order it, but caught some of the Punk match online. It was ok, pity the crowd weren't more into it. I was hoping they'd do a Kane with the WWE title and have Cena win it back on RAW tonight. MVP/Benoit seemed to be good, I'm glad Benoit didn't win a fall, because usually in 2-out-3 falls matches, there are 3 falls, I like it when there is only two, I think it makes wrestling feel more 'real'. I dunno if that makes sense but there you go. When I check out some of the rest, i'll put up my thoughts on them, but so far, it was an ok PPV, not as good as Backlash though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I know what you mean about the two falls, minto, and i agree 100%.

I did not order this ppv, i did not care for it. I read up about it just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Watched it alright last night. Punk vs. Burke match was probably the best match along with the tag team match. Was actually a bit surprised at how much time both these matches got!

Good to be able to see what Cade & Murdoch can do when given a chance tbh.

Didn't even bother staying up for the Cena/Khali match though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

out of interest how much did they charge in the cinema??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so, the big question has to be: Did Punk live up to thehype, when given a long match on a PPV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Tauren wrote:
    so, the big question has to be: Did Punk live up to thehype, when given a long match on a PPV?

Not for the first 12 minutes of the match he didn't. It was good at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

out of interest how much did they charge in the cinema??

15 Dollars Canadian. About 10 euro. They gave out free tickets to the next pay per view at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

saw the last 3 matches after ages looking for a stream. really crap.

Edge v batista was poo but I was suprised edge beat him legit.

MVP V Benoit was awful. the crowd saif "this is boring" and they were right. terrible end and mvp is an awful character.

Cena v Khali was exactly what I had said it would be, another impossible obstacle for cena to overcome and he does it with ease. it really ended too quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just finished watchin it, I enjoyed it. Not as good as Backlash, but some very worthwhile matches I thought

Best matches would be Punk/Burke and the tag title match. Punk's match was a bit strange I thought, because he had the upper hand for practically the whole match. Usually it's the heel who's on top so you can cheer the face on and it's more dramatic if he wins. Punk lacks something as a face though I think

Once again Trevor Murdoch was the man of the match against the Hardys. Twas great, but I'm a bit confused as to where the niceness of Cade and Murdoch is leading. If they were going to explode at the Hardys it would have made sense to do it during the match. It was cool having JBL commentate on this match, although I have to call him up on one of his references that he loves to make! He called one of Cade's moves a "Hiroshi Hasuki" suplex, I'm guessing he meant Hase. He was bound to get mixed up at some stage with all the Japanese guys he brings up!

I'm shocked that there was no Flair promo in between Carlito turning heel and their match, what was the deal with that? Considering their whole thing started with an excellent Flair promo aswell. Sort of average match from them

I was surprised the crowd were chanting boring during the Benoit/MVP match because they were telling a very good story in the ring. I'm not completely sure how MVP focusing on the leg helped him pick up his two falls, but it was great to watch. I didn't mind MVP picking up both falls either, to me it actually makes him look like a credible champion after all the times he lost to Benoit. MVP's come on so much since he debuted, but I don't know who's next for him. Matt Hardy would be good

Nice seeing Shawn selling in a way other than his drunken stumbles. Randy was brilliant at what he did, I've been liking him more and more every time I've seen him this year

I can see Vince losing the title before the next ppv anyway. Poor Lashley looked like he was about to cry

Batista did a decent job, he was better than I've come to expect. Edge is just the perfect heel at the moment, turned out better than I thought it would

I'm surprised Cena beat Khali so easily, otherwise it was exactly as I'd expected. I just thought it would have taken more effort to beat Khali after the way he's been built up. Seemed like the loudest the crowd got during the ppv was when Khali got tied up in the ropes

So overall, worth watching. Undercard was much better than the three title matches

EDIT: Oh no, I just read that Khali might claim on Raw that his foot was under the rope when he tapped. He definitely shifted so that his foot was under it, I thought at the time he was obviously going to escape then. I really hope that rematch happens tonight and we don't have to wait til the next ppv to be put out of our misery.. I suppose with Shawn injured they've got to milk feuds with whatever challengers they have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I wasn't that crazy about JBL's commentary. I found it odd that the Smackdown commentators did the tag match. It was for the Raw titles and 3 of the 4 competitors were from Raw???

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Thought the PPV was average TBH.

The best match of the night was the tag match. Finally Murdoch got to hit that move properly!

If im honest, I would say that the Burke / Punk match was only okay. I think there are some folk on this forum who love Punk so much (which is fine, he doesn't bother me), that they can't admit that he had an average, maybe even below average match. It looked to me that the two of them were just not into the match. Neither were the crowd, opting instead to chant 'JBL, JBL'.

I really didn't enjoy the Carlito / Flair match. I think Carlito was attempting to break the world record for the most rest holds used in a match.

The 2 out of 3 falls match wasn't great either. The reason I say that is because they have had better matches before and I was expecting more with this one.

I enjoyed the Khali / Cena match. I've said it before here that Khali is improving alot. Im not saying he's a fantastic wrestler or anything but it's clear that the guy is putting in alot of effort to make himself look better in the ring. I genuinely gasped when he did that spin kick! I didn't like the way he tapped out so easily though. I really when Cena does the STFU. Not the move itself but Cena's constipation act when he applies it.

Edge / Batista could have been longer and better. The ending really came out of nowhere in my mind. Not really in a good way.

Hopefully One night Stand will be better. By the looks of things its gonna be a PPV where all the matches are contested under extreme rules. Interesting.

If im honest, I would say that the Burke / Punk match was only okay.

How dare you! I don't think it was a brilliant match by any means, but I would rank it second best on the night. The story of the match just confused me a bit, like I said, it was strange to see Punk control the match for so long. I think it would have turned out a lot better if Burke got a lot more offence in

I was meant to mention Khali improving. He doesn't look nearly as uncomfortable in the ring as when he debuted, and his selling, although still not great, has gotten a lot better

Murdoch hit that move at the last ppv too, he'd better come up with a cool name for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Will someone post the results. Have no interest in watching it but i would like to know who won

Flair submitted Carlito
    Lashley pinned Shane, but Vince said he retains the title cos he wasn't pinned
    Punk pinned Burke
    Hardys pinned Cade and Murdoch
    Orton beat HBK when the ref said Shawn was unable to continue
    Edge pinned Batista
    MVP pinned Benoit twice to win 2/3 falls
    Cena submitted Khali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CM Punk's quest to deliver a stellar match in WWE continues. Very average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Agreed. I really didn't enjoy the Punk Burke match. Punk was hindered because he had to sell his rib injury but I think it went on too long, the crowd weren't into it and neither were the wrestlers by the look of them. I agree that Punk doesn't really have what it takes to be a good face. Which makes me raise the point, does it take more from a guy to be a great face than heel? Were always saying "he would be better as a heel", it applies to Edge Orton, Punk etc.

The tag match was the only decent thing about this show. I like Cade and Murdoch more everytime I see them. JBL's commentary really added to the match too, if only they would cop on and get someone good to replace that fool Michael Cole. I'm interested to see where te good sportsman routine C&M are doing goes. Hopefully they will take the titles soon.

MVP Benoit wasn't terrible, MVP looks very acomplished in the ring. Surprised they went for the 2-0 win though. The rest was pish, i fell asleep during Edge and Batista, and refused to watch the other title matches. Im surprised Flair beat Carltio too, I thought Carlito might get a push considering all the injuries.

The Michaels Orton segment was very convincing, Michaels overselling came in useful here!

The etreme rules element of the next ppv should add an extra dynamic to some of the matches, I'm guessing Cena Khali again, after that I'm not too sure!

Advertisement