Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just saw my next phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Looks good.

I'm a big fan of Sony Ericsson, in fact I nearly bought the P990i last year, but I didn't read too many positive reviews of it.

I still have my old R380s.

It's not clear, though, if you can remove the keypad. It was possible with the P800, which I also still have. I am more of a stylus/touchscreen type of person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dont think you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I like the new sony phone but its going to be well over priced once it comes out.I would still prefer the p990i or the n95 for the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

lit doesnt have flip keypas so its not removable,stunning looking phone,its glossy black on the back which looks savage.

one big thing i love about this though is....A WHOPPING 80MB of ram for running apps,imagine the multitasking on that!!!!

one thing i like about sony ericsson business phones is the fact they dont skimp on multimedia features,even with p990i it has a good af camera,rds radio,a2dp stereo,graphics processor etc.

compared that from the crappy cameras on htc and nokia e-series devices.

might be my next phone but will wait for the true successor to the p990i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What I love about SE phones is the one-handed operation. With the P800, pretty much everything could be done via the rocker-switch on the side. I see a nib of some sort to the right on the P1i - presumably that's what it is for.

I have great difficulty with my XDA where some things work with the D-pad, some don't. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SE4ever

i got one, from expansys.ie... for just €471.03+€16 postage. that's the price without VAT.. ;) I have it for about 2-3 weeks now, and I was happy when I first got it, now i'm a bit frurstrated.. loads of bugs, I can't wait for the first firmware update..
    I have some applications for it, and that's the only reason I still keep it, otherwise I'd go for the iPhone - more stable - first of all... (apple - unix based OS)
    I'm using it on 3, and i'm as well one of their angry customers about what they did with the mobile broadband, but that's not the right thread where I should talk about, anyway..

I'd say I like P1i more than the Nokia's N95, because:
    1. QWERTY
    2. Double RAM... (N95=64Mb, P1i=128Mb)
    3. TouchScreen
    4. Battery life double than N95s (the P1i battery is 1120mAh - where N95 is 950mAh)

my mate has N95, and the only thing I'd say P1i is missing here is the GPS reciever! when I have a bunch of applications runing, my phone becomes slow, but still working, if you have 2 applications started on the N95 you can't browse the phone, it won't let you view an image of yours, cryin for memory.. at 6pm when we are meeting at home, his phone is dead, every single day, when I hear a battery low signal - that's his N95, my P1i was on for 2 days - with the brightness at 40%, no transitions, Bluetooth On all the time because of my car kit, talking about 30 to 60 minutes per day, and a couple of times email checks per day...

the 5Mpx camera of N95 isn't soo far better than the 3.2Mpx of P1i... there are a lot of reviews about them two online..

so, make up your mind and get what u "think" u like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

no hsdpa though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

SE4ever wrote:
    I'm using it on 3, and i'm as well one of their angry customers about what they did with the mobile broadband, but that's not the right thread where I should talk about, anyway..

Literally about to buy one from expansys when i did a search here on boards... im planning on using this on 3 bill pay.... any chance you can elaborate on the problem with the broadband? cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm a big S.E. fan myself, only bought a Z610i last week as it's the only phone I can afford at the moment :/ I just love the whole interface on them, very intuitive and easy to use. Rest assured, if I could afford a P1i, I'd be buying one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Bought the P1i myself about 2 weeks ago from Expansys as well. Haven't come accross any of the issues that have been posted on sites like esato.com but there does appear to be a quality control problem. Expansys are shipping phones with a specific Irish firmware so it might be a while before there is a firmware update. Good phone, still trying to get used to texting using the keyboard. Only annoying thing that bothers me is that the alarm does not work when on silent, all other SE phones i've had, the alarm works when the phone is on silent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wiimoteman

I saw this phone before, it's not that it doesn't have great specs, it just looks like crap IMO (all cramed together, large touch screen and qwerty keyboard on one surface, slide out thing or anything). This is the one for me, especially considering I've never been one for tiny querty keyboards on my PDAs/phones
    HTC P3300

Advertisement