Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

iPod Adaptor for Open Astra

Options
  • 21-05-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been looking but have not been successful for an iPod adapter for a new Open Astra. I do not want an FM transmitter(iTrip), i am looking for one that integrates with an aux port on the radio. I was hoping the the adapter would integrate with the car's steering wheel controls also.

It is the standard head unit that ships with the car (CD player, no cassette). I can find out details tonight.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I looked into one for a Zafira last year. I don't think there is anything available :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moochie

ok thanks for info crosstownk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Why not call opel.They must have an ipod conection option on new cars.Alot of other cars have it like VW or BMW.thats the best option.
    Why not try the pioneer ipod adapter and see if it integrates with the steering wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It depends on what stereo is installed. The basic one in the Zafira (CD30) doesn't support iPod. The Astra is a slightly later model than the Zafira, so maybe something is available. You can get a Dennison cradle which will route the audio through the stereo in most cars, but you won't be able to control the iPod from the stereo/streering wheel which means you will not be able to scroll through your library or playlists without using the iPod's click wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey,

I have an Astra GTC.

I got an Alpine CD-7850i (I think thats the model) installed. It's a headunit....a cable goes to the glovebox and u put the ipod in there. All your artists, playlists etc can be controlled from the headunit/steering wheel!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

As far as I know there is one available for Opel up to 2002 on some models and up to 2001 on others, fitted with Philips head unit model 804CDC / DCD head unit, part number CTAOPIPOD003

Advertisement