Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Skip

Options
  • 21-05-2007 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

Please feel free to move this thread if its not in the right area.
    There is a skip outside my house that was ordered by a workman doing some work in my house. He finished up the work over a week ago, however the skip is still there. Having phoned the skip company to ask them to collect it they said that payment for the skip from the workman 'bounced' and they wont take it away. Does anyone have and advice as to what I can do to get rid of it? The workman in question is not responding.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Call the guards and tell them the company's skip is tresspassing on your property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Sizzler wrote:
    Call the guards and tell them the company's skip is tresspassing on your property.

tell them you caught a load of young lads trying to set fire to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Sizzler wrote:
    He said it was outside his house, not on his property so that may not be an ideal solution.

If it's only outside your house, and not blocking a right of way or on private property there's not a lot you can do except perhaps call your local council and say it's creating a health and safety issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

yeah i should have been a bit clearer. it's outside the house but on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

pleba wrote:
    yeah i should have been a bit clearer. it's outside the house but on the road.

Call the council so and say its an eyesore and its blocking the footpath etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

tbh wrote:
    tell them you caught a load of young lads trying to set fire to it.

Thats a good one and why not ring the builder and ask him to get it taken away.If you still owe him money then dont pay it until the jobs done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

it's outside the house but on the road

As far as I know, you need a special licence to put a skip on a road.
    Might be worth checking with the council if that was obtained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

So pleba any news,Did they take the skip

Advertisement