Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost Keys Doh!!!

Options
  • 21-05-2007 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

I stupidly lost the keys of my car. I don't have a spare either. I'm not using the car at the moment as I am working away from home but I was wondering how would one go about getting a new key. It's a 99 citroen Xsara. Is it possible that the manufacturer will be able to make a copy without the car? I only need a basic key.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Contact your dealer - chances are that they could sort you out if you can provide the registration cert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Any Citroen dealer should be able to produce a key from the Chassis number. They are meant to ask you for the Vehicle Registration Certificate and a form of identification to prove you own the car.
    Even some key cutters can now do Citroen (& other manufacturer's) keys, including the chip.
    They range in price from €40-€170 depending of the Make/Model & features of key, e.g. is it remote control.

EDIT: Slow typing, kbannon got there before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

i think the is a place called alpha lock and safe that will call out and open the car and cut the key for about 150 or cothers might do it

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Thanks for this guys will look into these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

AthAnRi wrote:
    Thanks for this guys will look into these things.
    If you are with hiberian insurance call them and they will replace locks or get you a set of keys.Well i have that cover under my policy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do your lose your NCB for using that service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Stephen wrote:
    Do your lose your NCB for using that service?
    No and i have used the service before

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does the car not require one functioning key to code the new ones in? or do they come pre coded from Citroen?

Advertisement