Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Entertainment - too many sub-forums

Options
  • 21-05-2007 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

There are now 7 different Home Entertainment forums, and I think that's far too many.

If you had a query you used be able to post it in a single forum and know that loads of people with relevant interest would get to see it. I doubt there's too many people who browse all 7 HE forums, and the low level of activity, with loads of posts getting only 1 or 2 replies (whereas before they'd get loads), suggests it's counter-productive having so many sub-forums.

If it's not addressed I can easily see people just heading straight to avforums.com for HE queries, which would be a loss for boards.ie.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

I have to agree with this. I work in the home entertainment industry and would love to contribute but, with 7 different forums, I don't bother reading any. I remember there was the idea of a reviews section separate from HE General, which I think could have worked, but the way it is now just doesn't imo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I would agree as well.

But how do you shorten it.

What forums should be mereged?

I liked it before its big revamp

Advertisement