Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet Medicine

Options
  • 21-05-2007 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Is there anywehre on the interney where you can purchase Bayer Advantage Flea Control, its quite expensive for 3 tubes E33 just it may be cheaper to buy online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Medication should never be bought online. E33 isn't much for flea free dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I find them very expensive too... but afaik, you can only buy them at veterinary supplies shops where 'expert' advice is available. I cant buy horse wormer at ordinary tack shops any more, have to go to the vets.
    Those tubes cover the worming as well (except for tapeworm). They're so effective and hassle free. I think they're brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

Did you know that vets are not allowed sell generic medications, they can only sell branded medications that puts the price of treatment up.

Generic medicines are cheaper than brand-name medicines.

If a vet sold generic medication and if they were ever inspected they would be liable for prosecution.

Wheras a doctor can perscribe either generic or branded medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Vas_Guy wrote:
    Did you know that vets are not allowed sell generic medications, they can only sell branded medications that puts the price of treatment up.

Generic medicines are cheaper than brand-name medicines.

If a vet sold generic medication and if they were ever inspected they would be liable for prosecution.

Wheras a doctor can perscribe either generic or branded medication.

As in they cant sell ivermectin on its own?? It could be hard to give the exact dosage then... (Ivermectin is also toxic to some members of certain breeds such as collies)
    Personally I'd rather pay over the odds for a brand I can trust in a place where advice is available rather than some random medicine on the internet. I wouldnt buy medicine on the internet full stop...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Rabies wrote:
    Medication should never be bought online. E33 isn't much for flea free dog.

It is if you know that in Germany, for example, you get twice as many tubes for about the same price...

(doesn't help the OP much, but I always ask my mom to send the flea stuff over from Germany - you can get it in pharmacies without a vet's prescription!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement