Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Broadband

• 21-05-2007 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all just wondering about ntl broadband thinkin of getting it any idea ssuggestions, or even digiweb
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Read a few threads in the Broadband forum to put you off for life!
    They're not too bad though if you don't want a phone line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

Likewise, I never had any real problems, but from what I understand there is a capacity problem on the Dunmore road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Likewise, I never had any real problems, but from what I understand there is a capacity problem on the Dunmore road.

I've got it - and two pals in the Dunmore Road have it. No problems. We also use it for our phone (www.blueface.ie).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

same here with blueface also... was pretty crap at one stage.. but I think they have sorted out the problems... for me anyhow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SparkieJen

I connected to NTL at the weekend - so far so good. And not having to pay Eircom E120 for a phone line is a bonus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I have NTL and at times it has been the ****est service available, however it seems to be resonably good for the past few weeks, and torrents even seem to be getting back up to speed. If you are interested in phone aswell, NTL now offer their own phone service, at least in Ardkeen Village they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

I have NTL and at times it has been the ****est service available, however it seems to be resonably good for the past few weeks, and torrents even seem to be getting back up to speed. If you are interested in phone aswell, NTL now offer their own phone service, at least in Ardkeen Village they do.

i agree i think they are finally getting their act together, as for the phone
    i got it in last week n tbh it works great. 2 big fingers to errorcom!

peepsbates wrote:
    i agree i think they are finally getting their act together, as for the phone
    i got it in last week n tbh it works great. 2 big fingers to errorcom!

Shhhh dont jinx it :D . Is it the NTL phone you have??? How do you find it ?? is the line quality good? If you are downloading something does it effect line quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Shhhh dont jinx it :D . Is it the NTL phone you have??? How do you find it ?? is the line quality good? If you are downloading something does it effect line quality?

my own phone(2 wireless handsets) plugged into ntl phone/broadband modem,
    had to change number which was a bit pissy but the line quality has been perfect so far(touch wood!) and downloads dont affect it.

Nuts i probably jinxed it now:(

lol yes , yes you did.

thanks for the info. i am considering getting that ntl phone service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement