Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tues 22 May 18:45 vs Morriscastle experience

• 21-05-2007 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Morriscastle experience vs Boardeaux
    Tues 22 May 18:45
    at 3 Rock Rovers

Who's in? I'll be there, that's 1 so far.

Want to be there by 18:15, I know me and Enda were ****ed over last week with traffic and the bus. Joe are you still driving from sandyford? If I get the luas I can be there by about 5 past six. Suit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I need a lift from Sandyford - Colm you're in the boot with Ed.

Geoff and Russell will be there too.

That's 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Ill be there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

+1 me
    +1 John

That's six.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there....is that 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

Me too... 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there = 9. Can give lifts from Sandyford if needed (I'm in Microsoft right beside the Luas stop).

OK, if we can co-ordinate this it'd be great.

I usually go with Joe, with Ed in tow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Too early for me again. :( So I'll be just playing 5-a-side with mates instead. Keep the old fitness up at the consistant low levels they like.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'll be there (10). Probably from Sandyford & if so lifts are no prob. I'll know tomorrow by lunch if I'm coming from work so I'll be in touch Des & Colm.

Karl will also be there = 11.

PM me early enough in the day if you need a lift from Sandyford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

Hey, sorry for late notice was due to be in a meeting tonight, was waiting to hear if i could miss it. All sorted now. so i'll see ye later (12)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Jules i'll PM you, lift would be good. Enda, you going to get luas out too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

i was planning on it but I got the use of the car today so ill motor on down the m50. If anyone is stuck for a lift, let me know although looks like everyones covered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Hi there Lads:

Will be there back from holiday played a bit of soccer while away so not out of touch glad to say!

Cheers,

Mikie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'm going from Sandyford so Des/Ed or whoever lift leaves at 6.05.

We'll be there.

I think Colm will jump in with Jules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

A 3-2 loss in the end, probably not a complete reflection of the game, I would have said a draw would have been a fairer result overall.

We didnt deal with their best player, number 9, very well at all and the two sin binnings didnt help, although Ed did score a Ronnie Whelan special while Jules was off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Just to say Jules got the first goal for our records.

Yeh I thought we were good for the draw - they were very dependent on that little pieball up front and we didn't get to grips with him though.

We did alright in the first 2/3 of pitch, but need to get it into the final 1/3 with a bit more urgency.

On the ref front we do probably have a valid grievance in that he refs from the centre circle so how can he possibly spot the pushes in the back we (well I do anyway) get everytime I go up for a header? We're paying top dollar for proper refs so he should be getting up and down the pitch.

That said, complaining about it to the league would get us nowhere, and complaining during the games just makes any 50-50 decisions go against us. We do whinge a lot and it's getting nowhere so next week I'm gonna be trying to keep it shut - the less grief we give the ref the fairer he'll be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Was training for this weekend sorted out after the game?

Time venue, if we are playing a friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

need to know whether to book a pitch for sat or sun if you want the friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

tues night was a tough game, we played poor in the first half, but totally dominated the game once they went 2 up. when we brought it back to 3-2, i was sure that we were going to get a draw as we were all over them, but just couldnt break through. we could have rolled over and gave up at 3-1 but we didnt and once we actually got stuck into them and pushed on, we did well. pressured them into bad passes, missed headers etc. so alot of positives to be taken.

their number 9 was pretty good, he scored a great individual first goal. about 8 of us were at fault for the 2nd goal as we switched off completely for a corner, that was taken quick. he walked the ball in and put in a great cross, but we should have dealt with it alot better in the 6 yard box too. their 3rd goal was pretty much the same,but this was unlucky as the ball took about 3 deflections before it came to their winger, who mis hit a shot that went in off the striker.

we did more than enough to draw the game. everybody, including the subs that came on, played well in the last 25 mins.

Advertisement