Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards drop down menus not working (for me!)

Options
  • 21-05-2007 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am running the latest version of FireFox (v2.0.03) both on my PC in work and on my laptop at home.

My problem is with the laptop at home, for some reason the quick link drop down menus are not working! I checked the browser settings and they seem to be the same as what's on my PC in work (where the drop downs do work!).

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

43 views and no response?? Am I asking in the wrong the area or what??

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sorry, it's just that there's a sticky thread on this in feedback, and there's another thread on the same page in this forum.

After being asked the same question 40-50 times, you stop answering it. But it's there in the feedback forum if you still need to know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yeah I did browse the stickys first alright and only came upon this:
    The Dropdown Menus may not Work in Firefox 2.0 +
    It appears that some people are having a problem with the "Quick Links", "Forum Tools", user menus and other javascript menus in certain places when using Firefox. For the time being, there is little we can do about it. If you right-click and open in a new tab, you should get similar usability.

It is expected that this problem will be fixed soon.

Cheers,
    hullaballoo.

but the thing is it works all the time on my PC in work but never on the laptop...both running the same version of Firefox (2.0.0.3)

Not to worry, will soldier on!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What you're probably finding is that dropdowns work in threads that are less than one page long. Once you move onto a second page, they stop working.

Advertisement