Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unacceptable private messages from vir7ual

Options
  • 21-05-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

vir7ual wrote:
    This is one of my own machines €>sense. As i cannot say this on public as boards classify this as advertising. I normally dont have off the shelf builds as these dont suit everyone. Every computer is build differently and to the persons own preference and requirements.

If you want to give me a ring and talk about the spec more or you can email me off list
    [email]vir7ual[/email]

Thanks

This private message to me is advertising! Many people would find this kind of pm-ing spam. I'm not sure about board rules on this but I'd strongly advise you to re-examine your ethics.

No matter what deal you offered me, I would not purchase from a company who considers it appropriate to pm spam that would be unacceptable by your own admission on the board itself.

Particularly on a board where people can already build their own pcs cheaper than you ever could, unless you have no costings in the price for labour, support or warranty.

Please desist!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

one pm is hardly spam but if its unsolicited than i suppose i can were your coming from.......imo maybe a private reply to him telling him thanks but no thanks would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Bit strong there €>sense, don't ya think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest ye pick an smod to forward the pms on to with your complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Personally,I think your been way too heavy.

If we take the guy at his word, this is his own machine and not one of his companies ones. Well I'd like to believe this anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dont really think this is spam. More him letting you know he can offer you his services if you decide to.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Chill out lad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭vir7ual

€>sense, this is not spam, moderators please correct me if i'm wrong. You asked for a spec'd machine, i gave the spec of a machine i have, you asked where i saw it, as i dont want to step on the feet of moderators i sent it in a pm specifying it was one of my own machines. As anti pointed out its a service if you want to take it, take it, if not then dont. I simply sent the pm to you so as not to annoy the moderators.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭€>sense

vir7ual wrote:
    €>sense, this is not spam, moderators please correct me if i'm wrong. You asked for a spec'd machine, i gave the spec of a machine i have, you asked where i saw it, as i dont want to step on the feet of moderators i sent it in a pm specifying it was one of my own machines. As anti pointed out its a service if you want to take it, take it, if not then dont. I simply sent the pm to you so as not to annoy the moderators.

I've only been a member for a couple of weeks, in that time I've had exactly 2 pms both from you advertising your company. The second one was on a different thread.

John, I don't care about the rules, I don't want you banned. I simply would rather you didn't pounce on every new member on here thinking of building a PC for the first time.

It reeks of sharp practice and possibly a little bit of desperation, so aside from being ethically questionable it is poor marketing too. It reflects very poorly on a company that it has staff trawling computer building forums looking for naive customers rather than doing real work like purchasing, building, supporting and ethical marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I really think your reading to much into it to be honest. Especially as you have no proof he is mass pm'ing new members constantly.

I suggest this thread be closed, before these two start going for each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I concur I think this has gone far enough anything more that needs to be said can be done through PM's to the appropriate parties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement