Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New boy racer habit

Options
  • 21-05-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

I was in a carpark outside a North Dublin park. There was a few modified car owners and young fellas in their ma's cars. They were putting what looked like biscuit tin lids or metal cooking trays under the back tyres, putting the handbrakes on and driving around the carpark fishtailing all over the place.

Looked gas, probably really dangerous and made a noise like the end of the world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Brilliant. There'll be threads on racershaven.com now as to which biscuit tin is better, USA, or Jacobs. Then some sham will use a Quality Street lid, and it'll all 'be on'. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

ned78 wrote:
    Brilliant. There'll be threads on racershaven.com now as to which biscuit tin is better, USA, or Jacobs. Then some sham will use a Quality Street lid, and it'll all 'be on'. :rolleyes:

PMSL....

It wont last long, once they realise the cost of having to replace clutch gearbox, tyres and diffs all at once they'll stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I've seen some of them using the plastic trays from McDonalds for this. Having a serious lack of brain cells seems to create stupid ways to relieve boredom..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Apart from it probably not being great for the rear tyres when the lid/tray gets hot and wears through, why would this be any harder on clutches/gearboxes/diffs than any of the other forms of acting the maggot pursued in vacant car parks by the usual suspects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

DarkJager wrote:
    Having a serious lack of brain cells seems to create stupid ways to relieve boredom..

...such as sitting in car parks looking at boys?

• Advertisement

I'm referring to boy racers, some of whom have demonstrated time and time again that they have the IQ of a shoe size....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

MAYPOP wrote:
    ...such as sitting in car parks looking at boys?

I was walking my dogs. Couldn't help but notice the lads in the cars, the noise was really loud and they were shouting and laughing and videoing each other with their phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

So what. Let them

You don't think its dangerous and disruptive? No traction on back tyres, kids in the carpark, residents living in the area affected by noise?

So what. Let them

Its that kind of mentality that makes them think they can cause disturbances and generally act the bastard whenever they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

it isn't really that new, i have a mate who goes to those cruises and he has been going on about putting trays in underneath the back wheels for a while.
    I went on a cruise with him once....these people really do have the iq of a wet biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It wont last long, once they realise the cost of having to replace clutch gearbox, tyres and diffs all at once they'll stop

Or start stealing cars so as not to damage their own.

Beekay wrote:
    it isn't really that new, i have a mate who goes to those cruises and he has been going on about putting trays in underneath the back wheels for a while.

Oh... I had never seen it before.
    Beekay wrote:
    I went on a cruise with him once....these people really do have the iq of a wet biscuit.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

lightening wrote:
    I was in a carpark outside a North Dublin park. There was a few modified car owners and young fellas in their ma's cars. They were putting what looked like biscuit tin lids or metal cooking trays under the back tyres, putting the handbrakes on and driving around the carpark fishtailing all over the place.

Looked gas, probably really dangerous and made a noise like the end of the world.

Excellent idea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Stark wrote:

They might already be doing that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

ned78 wrote:
    First of all, I'm on Racershaven and we have no time for these idiots. Have you even been to the site recently? Second, this is not a "new trend" its a stupid dangerous one that has been around for years. The idea is to get a FWD car to go around like a RWD one. It is foolish behaviour but I had hoped most people realised that not all modified car owners are "boy racers".

These guys were modified car owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

astraboy wrote:
    The idea is to get a FWD car to go around like a RWD one.
    I was just thinking it would be a bit pointless to put them on the back wheels of a RWD car!!
    I wonder what would happen if you got up a bit of speed & the lid was sparking away on the ground & someone accidentially happened to spill some petrol on the ground......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

I was just thinking it would be a bit pointless to put them on the back wheels or a RWD car!!
    I wonder what would happen if you got up a bit of speed & the lid was sparking away on the ground & someone accidentially happened to spill some petrol on the ground......

that bit of petrol might go on fire

best thread ever btw

That bit of petrol will have a higher IQ than the boy racers and decide to follow his car until it catches it. BARBECUE!!!!!! And a few trays to serve it up on! ;) LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

astraboy wrote:
    First of all, I'm on Racershaven and we have no time for these idiots.

No offence intended, but the majority of idiots tearing around Cork on a Thursday night with their 'Windows down, system up', sport racershaven stickers on their rear side windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

I was just thinking it would be a bit pointless to put them on the back wheels or a RWD car!!

about as much chance as someone dropping a fag butt as someone was casually pouring petrol on the ground !!!

I reckon the sparks from the tins would be least dangerous aspect of these bucket's actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

New? What's so new about it? Idiot's have been doing it for years :rolleyes:

OP you need to get with the times, man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

lol!!! when will those boyracers learn!!!!

JohnCleary wrote:
    New? What's so new about it? Idiot's have been doing it for years :rolleyes:

So it seems, I had never seen it before.
    JohnCleary wrote:
    OP you need to get with the times, man

I know. I'm with it... I'm hip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Stark wrote:

Has boards been taken over by old women or something. Putting biscuit tin lids under your back wheels for a laugh does not automaticallly put you in the same category as thieves and heroin addicts. If they wanna have a laugh leave them and mind your own business.

Jrad wrote:
    If they wanna have a laugh leave them and mind your own business.

I didn't mention, this car park is outside my house. There is modified car owners in there every day doing burn outs and hand brake turns. This is bad enough, but the tins under the tyres is out of order, the noise is really loud. You wouldn't fancy it outside your house. As mentioned before the lack of control is dangerous, these are all pretty young fellas, they are inexperienced drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

So, the issue here is the noise pollution, and lack of concern for others. Thats fair enough. I presume nobody would have an objection if the car park was empty, away from hosues and it just wasn't causing anyone else any hassle. Or is it just immoral anyway?

Gerry wrote:
    So, the issue here is the noise pollution, and lack of concern for others. Thats fair enough. I presume nobody would have an objection if the car park was empty, away from hosues and it just wasn't causing anyone else any hassle. Or is it just immoral anyway?

That's about it Gerry. I guess on private land away from residential areas would be the only place the poor lil fella's could do it without getting in trouble.

Otherwise they could stop spending stupid money on silly bits of fibre glass on their cars, pool the money together, buy an old large engine BMW or other rear wheel drive car, a trailer, a roll bar, helmets and go to the track days in Mondello or something similar and hone their inadequate skills better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

So what. Let them

Its spastics like this who when they do this sort of **** have an accident and cost me more money as a young male driver, idiots like this should realise there not in the fast and the furious!!! ffs!!

Advertisement