Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Chan 4

Options
  • 21-05-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Can someone please tell me why ch 4 is scrambled in waterford on the cb and how can i unscrammble it. Thanks:)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What exactly do you mean by scrambled? What are you hearing?

I know there was a lot of hospital paging systems around those frequencies in Dublin when I was on CB, you'd hear a data burst sometimes followed by a voice. They were always on FM.

If it's not that, it could be people messing with voice scrambling software.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

...Or people talking on SSB wile your on AM/FM can sound like it's scrambled stuff if you never used SSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 skodacbradio

I know its the truckers channel here cause if u see a trucker talkin and switch to channel 4 it sounds like static but my cb is set up perfectly, it could well be SSB or voice scrambler so others cant listen in but if it is a voice scrambler where can i get one

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

CH 19 is where the truckers braodcast going through Waterford. And PauloMN is correct. CH4 is some sort of paging system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

when i was living in dublin there was carriers on a few of the channels, it was annoying cos new ones would pop up now and again, and also then every church started throwing antrons and super sticks on their roofs and bradcasting mass all over our channels :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Churches now have their own offical 80 channels, 40 are the UK CB channels, to make it nice and easy to get the gear. Unlike CB, they must get a licence and stick to one channel. The licence isn't expensive. Should get them out of Band II VHF/FM radio and main CB where indeed on both many making a nuisence of themselves.

Advertisement