Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A few questions from a noob....

Options
  • 21-05-2007 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey guys, im only new to the whole modified cars scene so im a bit lost when it comes to all this sorta stuff. Sorry if it all seems a bit trivial:o As ya may have gathered, i'm buyin a saxo vts, and have managed to get myself insured on it as soon as i turn 18:D

So here goes,

firstly, ive seen these engine additive things around, are they just purer oils or what? and do they offer any benefit at all?
    also, what is a four branch manifold? i know it has something to do with the exhaust, but after that im lost.
    is there any useful/legal modifications yas can recommend doin to a saxo vts or is this model completely maxed as is?

thanks a mil guys, and once again apologies for the silly questions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

Hi mate, welcome to the wonderful worl of cars. First off, dont buy lexus light or read max power. For some reason people think these are cool!!!!

The saxo is a nice first car. If i were you i would give it a nice euro look with deep dish alloys lowering it and leaving it at that. Remember that less is more.

In answeing your questions:

1 that stuff is octane booster, it is suppose to raise the octane level. imo you wont need it because the gain are going to be minimal or nothing at all.

A 4 branch manifold is a part that comes fron the engine and conects to the exhaust. you can get various ones for different cars. typically a 4-2-1 or a 4-1, which means that the manifold starts out at the engine block with 4 pipes and will have 1 going into the exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Glanza V wrote:

1 that stuff is octane booster, it is suppose to raise the octane level. imo you wont need it because the gain are going to be minimal or nothing at all.

yeh octane booster is generally only used to increase the ron95 feul we have here so that it doesnt damage unmapped japanese imports.

personally i'd stick a nice set of multi spoke alloys on it something from oz alloys, thats just my opinion though.

get a straight through exhaust put onto it, that'll give you a decent increase in power, you'd be better off asking in a vts owners forum, google and see if you can find one

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

1 that stuff is octane booster,

ah come on now p-nut you should know what octane booster is, ( increases the percentage of straight chain), mentioned in chem if you take a look,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

woop wrote:
    ah come on now p-nut you should know what octane booster is, ( increases the percentage of straight chain), mentioned in chem if you take a look,
    :o
    Im only a first year chem student, and i wouldnt call myself the best of students either:p

Howd ya know i do chem anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

p-nut wrote:
    Hey guys, im only new to the whole modified cars scene so im a bit lost when it comes to all this sorta stuff. Sorry if it all seems a bit trivial:o As ya may have gathered, i'm buyin a saxo vts, and have managed to get myself insured on it as soon as i turn 18:D

So here goes,

firstly, ive seen these engine additive things around, are they just purer oils or what? and do they offer any benefit at all?
    also, what is a four branch manifold? i know it has something to do with the exhaust, but after that im lost.
    is there any useful/legal modifications yas can recommend doin to a saxo vts or is this model completely maxed as is?

thanks a mil guys, and once again apologies for the silly questions

Id just go with a nice set of alloys and lower it if you feel like it. As for engine mods depends on your budget. I wouldn't waste your money on Octane booster, if it was a jap car the it wouldn't be up to the job (used by people who won't spend the money on a remap) and on the VTS it's not necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Check out the saxo owners club in the uk, or better again 106rallye.co.uk
    I know its a 106 Rallye site but the guys and girls on there are probably the friendliest most helpful bunch of people and what they dont know about small citroen/peugeots isnt worth knowing!

Advertisement