Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 Speakeasy, 20c calls ANYTIME!

• 21-05-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Well that's handy, I just rang up o2 to get my unlock code for my SE K610im as I was just about to move to Meteor for their 20c anytime package until the lady on the phone told me o2 have a new price plan of 20c per minute any time for speakeasy customers! :)

I just phoned my friend who's on o2 for 70 seconds to make sure it worked and the call cost me 22c! Whoo! Saves me a lot of hassle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nice.. must give em a call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

It must be the "don't let him switch to meteor" special - there's no mention of this price plan on their website (for new customers anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

yeah, hehe, before I mentioned switching, she was offering the phone a friend thingy and mentioned I'd be best moving to an early bird plan as I've been making most calls during the day, then I mentioned moving and she mentioned that. It's about a week old and they haven't started advertising it yet she said.

Glad to stay anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

you think thats good, tesco have 10cent any time calls .check that out :D

fo show? Where can I get more info Mr. Dre?:)

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    fo show? Where can I get more info Mr. Dre?:)
    Yeah i checked it out.Im going to get it once i get off college.Just go to any tesco and they have their phone section.Just ask anyone working there and they will guide you.They have ****ty phones but all you want is the sim card
    Im deffo going to get it as its the cheapest ive found and im fed up paying bills at this stage :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

cormie wrote:
    Well that's handy, I just rang up o2 to get my unlock code for my SE K610im as I was just about to move to Meteor for their 20c anytime package until the lady on the phone told me o2 have a new price plan of 20c per minute any time for speakeasy customers! :)

I just phoned my friend who's on o2 for 70 seconds to make sure it worked and the call cost me 22c! Whoo! Saves me a lot of hassle.
    Great news about o2 price plans finally being reduced. Vodafone recently reduced their tarrifs too. I just wonder will o2 still charge for voice mail.

BTW, what will o2 charge to other networks?

Must check that Tesco mobile offer as well.

Just go to any tesco and find out.Also theres afew threads on boards about it so do a search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

So O2 our offering some existing customers 20c a minute ... maybe the first steps to them becoming competitive again ...

If you get offered the 20c per minute it is still worth noting ...
    --> O2 charge you to access your own voicemail unlike every other Irish network
    --> O2 recently increased peak rates
    --> Unlike Vodafone and Meteor , O2 do not offer free texts for life
    --> O2 are the only network not to offer "free" roaming to pre pay customers
    --> O2 charge 25c per international text while Meteor charge 15C
    --> O2 do have gthe same rage of 3G products are Vodafone or 3.

Even **if** O2 start to offer 20c per minute Meteor still does offer better value for most usage profiles.

It's 20c per minute any time to any network so no need to worry about them increasing their peak rate;)

Dre, I had a look at tescomobile.co.uk, it says they offer 10p calls, is it definitely 10c anytime here yeah? Are they a reseller of o2?

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    It's 20c per minute any time to any network so no need to worry about them increasing their peak rate;)

Dre, I had a look at tescomobile.co.uk, it says they offer 10p calls, is it definitely 10c anytime here yeah? Are they a reseller of o2?

Yeap its 10cent here and they are on o2 network.They will have there own network out this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

The 20c o2 tariff is better than Vodafones 49c to other networks. They're obviously targeting Meteor, while Vodafone seem to be coming after 3.

The 20c o2 tariff is better than Vodafones 49c to other networks. They're obviously targeting Meteor, while Vodafone seem to be coming after 3.

Its going to become a proper price war once afew more networks come in.Cant wait for it so we will pay lower prices and hopefully get free phones like the UK.

Yeah, it's about bleedin time. Just think of all the profit they must have been making years ago!

I can't wait for it to happen to wife/broadband/3g and all that:)

cormie wrote:
    Yeah, it's about bleedin time. Just think of all the profit they must have been making years ago!

I can't wait for it to happen to wife/broadband/3g and all that:)

WIFE :D

Ooops, I'd prefer my wife not to be cheap actually;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

cormie wrote:

So you WANT her to spend all of your money? :D

So you WANT her to spend all of your money? :D

I would hate that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

cormie wrote:

God, I would :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Apparently, it's only being offered to certain customers so don't get too excited yet.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote:
    Apparently, it's only being offered to certain customers so don't get too excited yet.

What the 10cent offer?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just left O2 literally a few days ago.

I just left O2 literally a few days ago.

Why did you leave o2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

I rang O2 and asked to be put on this rate and was told to eff off in so many words! Actually first they denied it existed and when pressed finally said I wasn't on 'The List' of the chosen ones but they'd give my name to the promotions department and let them know I was interested. We'll see, I suppose, but I ain't holding my breath! Weren't O2 supposed to be customer care staff of the year or something? Hmph! Are O2 staff still based in Ireland? The somewhat cranky woman I was dealing with definitely wasn't Irish so that's why I'm wondering.

On the bright side, I've discovered through this post that meteor have this awesome new tarriff and you don't even have to beg to go on it! http://www.meteor.ie/payg_plans_anytime.html 20c a minute to any Irish network or landline at any time! Fair play to them!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

drdre wrote:
    Why did you leave o2.

Went to 3. 1c calls and texts at the weekend is gone and the extension of peak time. The only good thing they still do is the text bundles which makes each text work out at 5c. But on 3 all texts, picture and video messages are 5c :). Plus the phone was cheaper with 3. It's a k800i which is €250 with €100 credit with 3 but over €300 on o2 I think (can't really remeber). Plus with 3 you get more credit when you top up by €20 or more. So i couldn't resist. Is it just me or do I sound like a walking 3 advertisement :D

Maybe it is the "don't let him switch to meteor" list:D

I wasn't a big phone user up until recently, so I can't imagine what qualifies you one to be on "the list".

That was the meteor one I was going to change to but it's just so much handier to stay with o2 for me, especially since I'm now on 20c calls any network, any time too, the only thing more expensive are texts (but I get the text bundles so I get texts for 5c) and then the things listed above by Fungus. So it pretty much works out cheaper to stay with o2 for me. And I don't have to go through any hassle of changing sims and risking what has been a problem for me when calling Meteor numbers, that the calls just drops and I hear an echo. If I'm using my phone for business, that's the last thing I want my customers hearing when they try and ring me!

Oh and if you all must know, I'd like a wife who money is no issue to where we could live merrily together just off the fat of the land:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

I don't get ya, cormie? Meteor have the same 20c at all times price plan but O2 charge more for voicemail and roaming and are dearer for international texts than meteor. Also, from what I'm reading they're 1/4 the price for payg data 0.5c/Kb for meteor vs 2.0c/Kb for O2 which is a big difference. How do you find O2 cheaper than that meteor plan? The call quality is a worry though, I agree.

Tbh, if people here weren't saying the 3 payg data plan was so slow I'd probably go with that because a decent payg data rate is what I'm really after.

I don't think I said o2 were cheaper:confused: If I did, I didn't meant to:)

I don't use the data thing at all really, or roaming, or international texts. My main concern is call costs and since they match meteor on that, it's best for me to stay with them:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,482 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Tesco 10c O2 thing is only until September AFAIK.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

esel wrote:
    The Tesco 10c O2 thing is only until September AFAIK.

Still its afew months to go and by then there will be another good offer on one of the network so you can move over to them. Its easy now with the porting feature :D

Advertisement