Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB providers and QoS in Portmarnock, Co. Dublin?

Options
  • 21-05-2007 3:44pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just moved into Portmarnock, Co. Dublin and wondering which BB provider is best suited to my needs.

From what I can gather, I can get BT, Eircom, NTL, and Irish BB (this was based on an old phone no. and not the one in the appt. which I don't know...) Primary use will be downloading so the larger the cap the better. Latency won't be a particularly big issue but would rather future proof as one us might be getting into MMORPGs.

NTLs package seems fairly attractive - it has the benefit of not needing a land line and has digital TV. However, there's clearly a lot of people unhappy with the service. Does anyone know what the quality is like out in Portmarnock (specifically the new developments near the DART station)? Or, for that matter, what quality is like in general? All I know is that someone in a nearby appt. has a NetGear modem (which BB provider supplies these?) but beyond that, I'm unsure of who to go with.

Advertisement