Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Horrible new designs.

Options
  • 21-05-2007 3:54pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1/. Nissan Tiida - this is indeed a grim looker. The old Focus saloon wasn't hectic, but this is automotive minginess :D

061201006.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

the back of it in this picture reminds me of my dad old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Is it a rebadged Dacia Logan?

Renault own both Dacia and Nissan and I think the Logan looks similar to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Tilda
    New Corolla
    Megane Saloon

Are all these cars built off the one platform? This shape reminds me of Singapore rush hour (minus the exotica of course). Lots of cars that look the same but just have differing badges.

"automotive minginess" indeed H_F_III

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Guys, the majority of new cars look muck in fairness. It's been going like that since 2000+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Dacia_Logan.jpg

Dacia Logan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The next door neighbour has one of those Logans, LHD too but a Cork reg now. It does look very Eastern European. Saw one of those new Nissans on the back of a Car transporter the other day & was thinking the same thing, they do look alike. Who are they getting to do all their design work, eco tree huggers & Euro NCAP safety ex-employees?
    Where's all the style gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It makes the old Almera almost look retro.

Hatchback is slightly better, very Megane/307 from the back. I'm sure the car rental companies are foaming at the mouth.

856753B_-_Tiida_2007_-_RHD_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Reminds me of this for some reason:

You can't sing
    You can't play
    You look awful
    You'll go a long way (in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Looks very like a megane saloon to me. The back of the hatch reminds me of the new Opel Corsa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

christ that nissan is fugly:eek:
    but sure it will still sell in droves to the sheep who only care avout having a 07 reg car on the drive, thus contributing to making the daily commute even more boring.............:mad: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I saw one on Friday, it looked like a Megane or something from the front, so I looked in my mirror and thoughtr it was an old model Prius (below)
    PriusRear.JPG
    But I was sure it had an 07 reg. I thought no more of it till today, till someone commented on the new model Nissan had out. penny dropped. Horrible car.
    nissan_tiida_ti_sedan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

This car has been out since 2005 in Japan. There is also an estate called the Wingroad and a van called the EV all based on this car. Is this new Tiida coming from Japan or is it built in Europe. It doesnt seem to be advertised anywhere in Europe at the moment...?

ciarsd wrote:
    Tilda
    New Corolla
    Megane Saloon

Are all these cars built off the one platform? This shape reminds me of Singapore rush hour (minus the exotica of course). Lots of cars that look the same but just have differing badges.

"automotive minginess" indeed H_F_III

Agreed that the Tiida and the Megane look similar. But what element of the Corolla's design do you see in either car? I don't see the similarity myself. I can see certain design cues used in the Corolla, but none from the Tiida or Megane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Saw one in the flesh today in Dublin. It's really, really NARROW! No comparison with the Corolla or Megane. It's from the next class down i.e. a Note with a boot... Very similar in stance to a Suzuki Liana.

I swear, the Almera is handsome compared to this pile of muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Saw the new Focus convertible. Rudy hell, it looks awful.

pburns wrote:
    Saw one in the flesh today in Dublin. It's really, really NARROW! No comparison with the Corolla or Megane. It's from the next class down i.e. a Note with a boot... Very similar in stance to a Suzuki Liana.

I swear, the Almera is handsome compared to this pile of muck.

In the Japanese domestic market, the tax code of a particular car is based on a few factors, one important one being the width. Most Japanese domestic cars don't exceed 1700mm

That Tiida looks years out of date, Nissan needs more adventurous cars, the Qashqai, and to a lesser extent the Murano and 350Z were raising Nissans profile, but tripe like this is just going to end up as rental company fodder.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

colm_mcm wrote:
    Agreed that the Tiida and the Megane look similar. But what element of the Corolla's design do you see in either car? I don't see the similarity myself. I can see certain design cues used in the Corolla, but none from the Tiida or Megane

They have a common theme Colm.

postman-pat-pedal-car-md.jpg

I think the Tiida is very tal and narrow looking, the Corolla is the same width as the Avensis and only 3 inches shorter in length, it's also quite low slung.

2007_Toyota_Corolla_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

The Corolla saloon is a good looking car! Put a decent set of alloys on it, and it looks half aggressive.

I don't like the Auris at all though.

Most Coupe-cabriolets look a bit off. The best is the Megane IMO. The 3 series cc definitely looks a bit odd, and the focus cc is the worst of all IMO.

This thread isn't complete without mentioning the entire Ssangyong range!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

and what about the price?:eek: Dearer than the almera!!!!!! Can see the hatchbacks selling but terrible value and not too cool either:D

• Advertisement

most CC cars are horrible, the worst offenders being:

the Colt
    mitsubishi_colt_czt_rear.jpg

the Micra
    nissan-micra-cc-06-250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

5OD.JPG
    5OD_225.JPG

Anything by SsongYong FTW!!!

don't forget anything Chris Bangle touches

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

folkswagen wrote:
    and what about the price?:eek: Dearer than the almera!!!!!! Can see the hatchbacks selling but terrible value and not too cool either:D

Only available in 1.6 petrol and 1.5 diesel too. Strange engine range considering Nissan have trouble trying to sell the 1.6 litre Primera these days.

Having no 1.4 litre engine in a market dominated by 1.4 litre cars along with being an ugly car could be fatal. Rental companies will love it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

1/. Nissan Tiida - this is indeed a grim looker. The old Focus saloon wasn't hectic, but this is automotive minginess :D

061201006.jpg

Looks like the Qashqai design guys went out on the beer to celebrate their design and this is what they came up with when hungover the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think the back of the current Honda Civic speaks for itself

honda_civic_ctdi_back1.jpg

It makes me want to vomit every time one drives past me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Nearly forgot. Thee worst by far imho:

http://www.ssangyong-ba.sk/pic/Rodius_ext18.jpg

I also agree about the state of the back of the Civic.

Advertisement