Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying components

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Does anyone have experience dealing with this company?
    In particular does anyone know what exactly they mean by "Logistics Costs"

They have a shipping charge to Ireland of €20 plus Logistics charge.

How do you know the cost of the logistics for an order of let's say 10 items?
    It will cost €5.87 for 10 items. Just go through the order screens and it will tell you the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

From Hardwareversand’s site

“Logistic costs in amount of 0,75% of the gross value of the goods indl. value tax coming along for deliveries within Germany and abroad.”

That’s 75 cent for every 100 Euro, excluding shipping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

papu wrote:
    hardwareversand have great prices

another company id recommend is www.caseking.de

i ordered a scythe ninja a silenx ixtrema fan , and a fan controller

bank transfer went great , it got here with in 4 days , courier delivered into my school because he knew the secretary , thats what i call service XD

Whats the postage like?...my iisue with German websites it s the postage. If they sent stuff by normal German postal service it would be great, but most use UPS or FexEX/TNT...which costs alot.

I asked alternate.de about a €14 fan and they wanted €25 for shipping :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

kazzer wrote:
    hardwareversand.de only accept bank transfer, right? Is that not a bit risky?

Nah, as long as you have the correct SWIFT/BIC code and IBAN..done money transfers before and all went ok. Also it's free...money transfers within the EU. If you send Sterling to the UK AIB charge €15 + OCUK demand you pay them £7 Sterling for what they claim is there bank charges??????

What?..OCUK sucks, i'll never use them again unless i can't find an item anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

I was thinking more along the lines of sending them money, and then not receiving your stuff and having no comeback - unlike a credit card where you can chargeback. But their prices are too good and going to definitely use them now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

Does anyone have experience dealing with this company?
    In particular does anyone know what exactly they mean by "Logistics Costs"

They have a shipping charge to Ireland of €20 plus Logistics charge.

How do you know the cost of the logistics for an order of let's say 10 items?

i just ordered about a grands worth of stuff and the total extra charges + postage were about 28e which is cheap imho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

L226WTQ-SF 2ms, it's lovely.

but... the site specs say that that monitor is 5ms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

I bought components and monitor from hardwareversand and have no complaints. They provide a good service

On the otherhand the Asus Mainboard they shipped is faulty so I had to pay €34
    the have it shipped back to them. I will be waiting up to three weeks for a replacement but will be reinbursed the postage cost.

Anyone know of any german stores that will take credit card as Im thinking of asking for a refund and buying the board elsewhere as it will be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

shipping from caseking to ireland was 13.90 , which is very resonable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

papu wrote:
    shipping from caseking to ireland was 13.90 , which is very resonable

Can their page be viewed in English?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

no sorry , but sticking the words into a decent translator usually brings up the jist of things

its all a bit how it sounds

cpu kuhler - cpu fans
    lufter - fans
    gehause- cases
    netzteile - psu's
    hdd zubheror - hdd accessory's
    zubheror - acessory's
    vga ram chip coolers
    watercooling
    specials
    and new stock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

papu wrote:
    no sorry , but sticking the words into a decent translator usually brings up the jist of things

its all a bit how it sounds

cpu kuhler - cpu fans
    lufter - fans
    gehause- cases
    netzteile - psu's
    hdd zubheror - hdd accessory's
    zubheror - acessory's
    vga ram chip coolers
    watercooling
    specials
    and new stock

Cheers papu.

:)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

L31mr0d wrote:
    but... the site specs say that that monitor is 5ms?

no it's 2ms thats what it says on the box. Actually i just noticed something, be careful of the specs on the site, the german versions are correct but the english ones are frequently not and seem to be copy and pasted from similar items. So when your checkin spec make sure you select the german flag.

try babelfish.altavista.com for translations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm starting to regret buying from hardwareversand. I ordered on the 11th, the got payment on the 14th and they still haven't shipped. After 2 or 3 emails I got a reply last Wednesday saying they were waiting for the gfx card to come in to stock on Friday. It came in and they still haven't shipped. Every part has been in stock at various times over the last 2 weeks. I sent them a lengthy pissed off email yesterday morning - no response. Just tried to send them a fax but it's a premium rate line which is blocked in the pabx in work so I can't. Rang them from my mobile and couldn't get anyone who spoke English.

Unless they ship by Friday I'm demanding my money back and cancelling. At this stage I'd rather spend an extra 100-200 elsewhere for reliablility.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Advertisement