Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting Classes

Options
  • 21-05-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm considering taking acting classes later this year. I'm not sure yet what my goal is - fun, social, confidence, amateur dramatics, extras work, stage or TV acting - I'm just putting my toe in the water, so to speak.

I'm based on the soutside of Dublin and in full-time employment, so I'm looking for evening classes either in the south city or city centre.

A Google search throws up the Gaiety School of Acting and the Abbey School. These are the two courses that seemed to me to be what I'm looking for:

Abbey: Adult Drama for Fun
    Gaiety: Adult Summer Drama

Has anyone attended either of the above courses? If so, could you pass on your experiences? Would you recommend them?

Does anyone know of other, better classes that they would recommend?

Cheers,

FS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Might not suit as you'll need leave but I can't recommend Stageworks highly enough.

www.stageworks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

Thanks athtrasna.

Anyone else? There must be someone on this forum who has attended classes of some kind?

Advertisement