Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fines

• 21-05-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi, i got two fines in november. About a week apart. One was for speeding, the other was for having no tax on display. Tax is now payed and backdated to when the incident happened. Also ive been more carefull to watch my speed!

I didn't pay the fines straight away, it was coming up to christmas etc, i though id just wait and pay alittle more. Anyway, when i tried to pay in febuary i couldn't because they both had gone past their pay dates (i should have read them alittle better, i know). I have the receipts from the post office, showing how i tried to pay.

So i went home and rang the Charge processing office, they told me all i could do now was wait for my summons but i still haven't recieved any.. how long do these things usually take?

Also do the guards who stopped me need to be in court for traffic violations?

Thanks for any information!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

I've been told there is about a 4 month backlog at the moment in the summons office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

if you dont receive the summons within 6 or 12 months the statute of limitatiosn kicks in. nto sure which thought but it`d be worth finding out im sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

summons must be applied for within 6 months of the date of offence. Could be anything up to another 6 months then for it to go to court - depending on where in the country you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I think that garda has to be present in court for it.
    They would have to confirm the incident in person.
    I would imagine it would be thrown out of court if they didn't appear.

Advertisement