Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU size?

Options
  • 21-05-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    quick question, got a case and went to move an old machine into it until i got the rest of the parts for my new build.
    But when I went to put in the PSU it was way to small.

I have check the spec sheets and that but there is no mention of what dimension the PSU should be.

I have found one that will do what I need and it s dimensions are 15 cm x 16cm x 8.6cm (WHL).

Its a gaming case if that makes a difference.
    Do you think that would cover it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is this old machine a product from the likes of Dell/HP etc as often they used custom sized power supplies with their own machines. That would explain why it does not fit in the case which uses the standard dimensions for ATX power supplies.

There isn't an exact size for ATX PSU's then can alter a bit in terms of length but if it is advertises as ATX compatible then it will fit in an ATX case.

What case is it by the way ?

Advertisement