Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Dublin

Options
  • 21-05-2007 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Okay, I reckon the best pizza going in Dublin at the moment is Bianconi’s in Ranelagh village. My mate keeps recommending Independent Pizza on the northside but its bit of a distance…

Any suggestions…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There is a place in the IFSC (meeting house square) which has SAVAGE pizzas - an Italian place. In the right hand corner as you have your back to the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Independent Pizza in Drumcondra is fantastic, the food is delicious, it's very reasonably priced, have been there loads and loads of times and never had a bad experience. There are loads of bus's that go that direction, no. 11, 16, 16a, 41, 33 etc.
    It's worth the trip even if you don't drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Chew 'n' Chat in Ranelagh ftw...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

jessie1 wrote:
    Independent Pizza in Drumcondra is fantastic, the food is delicious, it's very reasonably priced, have been there loads and loads of times and never had a bad experience. There are loads of bus's that go that direction, no. 11, 16, 16a, 41, 33 etc.
    It's worth the trip even if you don't drive!

quoted for truth!!

(you gotta try the chicken wings as well while you're there though!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Oirthir wrote:
    Chew 'n' Chat in Ranelagh ftw...

I remember the days i used to get pizza from there.It was really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

it depends what you want from a pizza.i personally think independent pizza is the height of blandness! Although if you want to try it it is the exact same pizza in the Gotham Cafe on South Anne Street. Used to like cafe bar deli, but its a bit hit and miss. At the moment the best is Bits and Pizzas in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cause

But has anyone tried Bianconi’s as a comparison… I like the selection on the menu, it’s go some usual stuff on it. Well not that unusual, just ingredients like goats cheese, or Brie cheese, which unfortunately you rarely see in Dublin.

When I was Venice a couple years back they had really cool stuff on there, simple yet still unusual i.e. potato cubs, peas, crème fraiche…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Millers on Baggot Street.
    A bit pricey, but if you splash out on a gourmet pizza, it's well worth it. (about 17 euro at night, I've heard it's cheaper during the day)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Millers on Baggot Street.
    A bit pricey, but if you splash out on a gourmet pizza, it's well worth it. (about 17 euro at night, I've heard it's cheaper during the day)
    without a doubt, often go there on match days. their cajun special is amazing. they give you good quality for the price although it is a bit steep.

I like chew and chat too though, but normally get the chicken fillet burger when I go there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Nothing flash about the place, but the pizzas at Steps of Rome on Chatham Street rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Bistro Bianconi in Ranelagh is very good - but the pizzas are too damn big.

Milano's is my absolute favourite for pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cause

eth0_ wrote:

Is that 'big' as in the width of the pizza, or do you think there's too much toppings. My mate isn't a fan of Bianconi's cos he reckons they pile too many toppings on. I think it’s about right (maybe slightly less). Still, the Greek Feta and Salami, the Brie and Pepperoni or the Michelangelo are all winners....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

A bit of both, actually. I usually get that caramelised onion + pesto pizza and there's too much pesto on it. Also, a bit unfair for one person to have to buy a pizza meant for 2/3 people :(

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Cause wrote:
    Is that 'big' as in the width of the pizza, or do you think there's too much toppings. My mate isn't a fan of Bianconi's cos he reckons they pile too many toppings on. I think it’s about right (maybe slightly less). Still, the Greek Feta and Salami, the Brie and Pepperoni or the Michelangelo are all winners....

Do they deliver or is it a resturant???

I'm a fan of Godfathers for take out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

All day breakfast pizza from Porterhouse North ftw!

Don't knock it til you've tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

eth0_ wrote:

LOL, I've yet to see a pizza I would consider too big; must check out Bianconi so...

Another winner is Mario's (also in Ranelagh, but there's one in Terenure). I do heart my Italian pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Just to let you know, Chew n' chat in Ranelagh closed down last week as did their delivery service.

MiniMetro wrote:
    Just to let you know, Chew n' chat in Ranelagh closed down last week as did their delivery service.

:( , after so many years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've always liked Independent Pizza /Gotham City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

nah i didnt like independent pizza - too fancy for me

I prefer my pizza like you'd get from pizza hut - drippin with grease (the flavour train) and loaded with meat, keep your fancy vegetables and weird italian man sauce to yourself, nothin fancy thanks.

though the price was good I suppose

Cant beat pizza hut though!!!

• Advertisement

Tails142 wrote:
    nah i didnt like independent pizza - too fancy for me

I prefer my pizza like you'd get from pizza hut - drippin with grease (the flavour train) and loaded with meat, keep your fancy vegetables and weird italian man sauce to yourself, nothin fancy thanks.

though the price was good I suppose

Cant beat pizza hut though!!!

You have made my mouth watery.I might go get a pizza now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Mizzonis pizza, nuff said.

bigkev49 wrote:
    Good or bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

without any doubt, DiFontaines*

*although slightly tainted by the presence of irritating little punks in the hole next door

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you're out on the lash, the place just opposite Break for the Border (Pizza Top?) does great takeaway slices.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fatty

zaph wrote:
    If you're out on the lash, the place just opposite Break for the Border (Pizza Top?) does great takeaway slices.

After eating almost every pizza there is, the hands down winner for me is NYPD Pizza. www.nypd.ie

Zaph, That pizza top place is totally revolting!!! I had one on Fri (pissed) and i threw it in the bin, yuck!

Fatty wrote:
    After eating almost every pizza there is, the hands down winner for me is NYPD Pizza. www.nypd.ie

Zaph, That pizza top place is totally revolting!!! I had one on Fri (pissed) and i threw it in the bin, yuck!

Thats maybe why.Because you were pissed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fatty

drdre wrote:
    Thats maybe why.Because you were pissed :rolleyes:

food always tastes better when your pissed:rolleyes: Have you ever had a Abra Kebab sober......wow:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

bigkev49 wrote:

long live the wagon wheel:D

marios in ranelagh is also really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Fatty wrote:

I haven't been there in ages so it could have gone downhill. I will admit I've never had one from there while sober, maybe you just weren't pissed enough? :D

Advertisement