Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

One rule for Them !!

Options
  • 21-05-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

On the way in this morning a van pulled out of a halting site in front of me
    and i was amazed to see the van was northern registered with Southern phone numbers advertising their services.Now i am not implying these people were travellers from the halting site it may just be a coincidence. I wonder how long i would be allowed to drive a northern van advertising and operating a business in the South ! See attachment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

does that chip on your shoulder hurt much?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I seem to vaguely recollect that there are instances where that kind of thing is possible and legal, but only IIRC if it's a registered company with it's head office in the north and other branch offices in the republic. It only applies to company vehicles though. Can't remember for the life of me where I read it now.

I've also seen vans from an outdoor adventure type company driving around in the Wicklow Mountains with a NI/UK reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

vorbis wrote:
    does that chip on your shoulder hurt much?

Not really im a well balanced kinda a guy with a chip on both shoulders 1

Why did you bother blanking out the plates??

If you really care report them and don't whine about the injustice of it all.

Better yet post the plates and let me put it into the DVLA's website.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I actually saw something very similar to this last week. Polish registered VAN, with an irish mobile number on the side "Polish Contractors". I also saw a few months back an NTL van on polish plates. Thought that was very odd!

• Advertisement
Advertisement