Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Punto Lambda Sensor

Options
  • 21-05-2007 5:12pm

Hi folks,

My punto has just developed a problem. For a bit of background it is a '01 8v 1.2L with 35k on the clock. The exhaust centre and backbox sections were replaced last November but it is still a little noisy because the manifold to centre pipe join could be better I think.

Here is exactly what happens:

1: When I start her first thing in the morning it will start, shudder slightly and stall.

2: When I start it again it will shudder a bit but start fine. The engine management warning light will stay on however.

3: If I then pop underneath and wiggle the wiring connected to the downstream lambda sensor the warning light goes off.

Would I be right in thinking that the lambda sensor needs replacing? I would prefer to do the job myself if at all possible too.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

Advertisement