Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT228/2 Web Development

Options
  • 21-05-2007 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Just finished my Web Dev exam and I've definitely failed. I'm just wondering a few things.

Last year Web Development was done over the whole year. This year it's only the 2nd semester. Why was it changed? Last year quite a few people failed. So what they do is make it twice as hard by making us learn the same amount of topics in half the amount of time.

We have 4 months to learn HTML+CSS, XML, Java, Javascript, PHP and Ajax. PHP wasn't even on last years course. Not only that but half the course is theoretical so we also have to learn about Internet Architecture and Protocols, Web Usability and Accessibility and HTTP.

To cap it off we have to basically teach ourselves it by studying source code, reading books and googling.

It's all well and good doing the weekly tasks but by the time the exam comes around I have to go over all the topics again as I forget most of it. It's too much to learn in a few months.

So how did everyone else do? I'm off out to drown my sorrows. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I thought I was going to do pretty well, despite not having done half the continuous assessment, due to not being able to contact Ciaran O'leary. All my emails that I've sent him evidently never got through, and apparently he sent us out emails, which are completely non existant in my college inbox.

As if it weren't bad enough that we've to cover the entire internet in one semester, I thought Ciran disappearing off to China for a couple of weeks was pretty laughable.

Advertisement