Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New exhaust - where to go& advice?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Will check them out thanks and I'll let you know my progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

su_dios wrote:
    Will check them out thanks and I'll let you know my progress.

No problem.Good luck in the exams.I have 3 left to do.But i can study as you can see.:D

Hahah yeah same here! only two left though.:mad:

Hey just want to ask you, Ragazzon have said it will fit with a reducer. What exactly does this mean? Will I need to buy another part or will the exhaust place be able to do this? :confused:

Want to order it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i assume a reducer is an extra bit that channels the pipe to the correct size for the exhaust to fit on, you'll have to buy this part too

• Advertisement

Ok now trouble is trying to find it. Can't find one on either of their websites. If I get this fitted in a place that does custom exhausts do you think they will do this? Sorry I'm a complete n00b to all this

ring the place that your gonna get it fitted and ask them

this is what your looking for or something similiar to these anyway - http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400304+302237+115&autoview=sku

Nice I'll order it tomorrow then and ring them too. I don't know the sizes of the pipe yet only the tailpipe so I'll have to see.

Just to keep you updated, I have ordered the backbox and the reducder pipe and hope to get it this week then get it fitted. Looking forward to it and hope it gives good results. Don't want to be disappointed as I've got the car exactly the way I want it now. What do I declare this to insurance as? Will there be any problems when I mention it? Like is it possible they will suddenly tell me they can't insure me or something daft like that(only 21 on prov licence and first time insured..under a year exp). You know how they can be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dillaneS

projectgtr wrote:

i really think we should try and get as much wrench time on "our" cars as possible, i know there is alot we should leave to the pro`s`but i think this is one instance where any one with a spanner set and a jack could do it, just my 2cents

fact!!!;)

• Advertisement

su_dios wrote:
    Just to keep you updated, I have ordered the backbox and the reducder pipe and hope to get it this week then get it fitted. Looking forward to it and hope it gives good results. Don't want to be disappointed as I've got the car exactly the way I want it now. What do I declare this to insurance as? Will there be any problems when I mention it? Like is it possible they will suddenly tell me they can't insure me or something daft like that(only 21 on prov licence and first time insured..under a year exp). You know how they can be!

how did you get on with it?

did it come and fit and all?

did you declare it to your insurance company?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

I want to get that alfa sound

The famous "alfa sound" is the sound of the TS engine and is not simply the exhaust note you are hearing. The 1.6 non TS sounds totally different on the same exhaust system. Only way to get that sound is to buy a TS Alfa. If you simply want a meatier sound then replacing the backbox will help, but you still have a 4 cylinder small displacement engine and will never get anything approaching the V6 burble sound.

Advertisement