Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silhouttes shooting, license, club etc.

Options
  • 21-05-2007 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I used to shoot when I was teenager (.22 target)... and I am thinking to try it again... and coz i dont like that tight dress which u wear when u shoot rifle at 50m I'm looking at silhoutte shooting...
    Where are clubs in Dublin area with this size of range and can I borrow a gun at the club?
    The thing is I'm not Irish and I have no clue if I can get a gun license :confused:
    thanks for any help

Richard

PS: can't believe guns made in that ugly factory in my city are such popular :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Czech :confused:

It is possible for you to get a license but it would help greatly if you posess a europass firearms license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 risa.k

Czech :confused:

It is possible for you to get a license but it would help greatly if you posess a europass firearms license

Yep I'm czech... i dont have any license at all :(
    I'll have to ask probably some garda person...

can u just post some link to clubs in dublin area... i've found some but webpages dont work :/
    One webpage mentioned BRC club in Tallaght but I can find any contact at them.

thx Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

there is another club up towards blessington iv heard its much better than brc its called the dublin rifle club.....

by the way the CZ 527 is deadly i have one and love it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

There's a .22 50m benchrest at hilltop

http://www.pcquad.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

if your were in trinners or ucd they have a club as well as hilltop wilkinson east coast theres quite a few around im not sure what disiples they all do.

• Advertisement

DURC (TCD) - .22, Air Rifle
    UCDRC - Air Rifle
    Rathdrum - .22 / Air Rifle?
    East Coast - .22 Sporter / think they have a pistol and shotgun range as well?
    DRC - .22 Pistol / Target Rifle / Sporter Rifle
    Wilkinstown - Air Rifle
    Courtlough - .22 Rifle / Shotguns
    Hilltop - Pistols / Shotguns / quad biking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

iainnash wrote:
    DURC (TCD) - .22, Air Rifle
    UCDRC - Air Rifle
    Rathdrum - .22 / Air Rifle?
    East Coast - .22 Sporter / think they have a pistol and shotgun range as well?
    DRC - .22 Pistol / Target Rifle / Sporter Rifle
    Wilkinstown - Air Rifle
    Courtlough - .22 Rifle / Shotguns

Rathdrum: All .22/Air - Target Pistol, Target Rifle, Benchrest, Sporting Rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

They also have
    50 metre .22 Rifle Range (10 firing Points) and a
    20 metre indoor Pistol/Rifle range (10 firing points)

http://www.pcquad.com/rifle.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DOGWOOD

Im Looking For A Public/private Range In The Naas/newbridge/kildare Area To Shoot,does Anyone Know Of A Rifle Club Or Range In This Area Where I Can Shoot
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

DOGWOOD wrote:
    Im Looking For A Public/private Range In The Naas/newbridge/kildare Area To Shoot,does Anyone Know Of A Rifle Club Or Range In This Area Where I Can Shoot
    Cheers

Sorry Dog, I'm from the same area and i can tell you there's nothing closer than Dublin or Hilltop.:(

Hezz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Tullamore has to be less than an hours drive from Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 xXOdysseyXx

DOGWOOD wrote: »
    Cheers

Yeah, I know of one in Kildare, but it belongs to the army =p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I think the OP was looking for silhouette shooting - which rules out a lot of the clubs above. East coast can't shoot sils yet until they do some range modifications, DRC didn't have sils last I saw, RRPC doesn't unless there's a cunningly hidden secret range there :D, so I think the choices are BRC, Eagles or Hilltop. Email info@shooting.ie to contact the NSAI and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

risa.k wrote: »
    Hi,
    I used to shoot when I was teenager (.22 target)... and I am thinking to try it again... and coz i dont like that tight dress which u wear when u shoot rifle at 50m I'm looking at silhoutte shooting...
    Where are clubs in Dublin area with this size of range and can I borrow a gun at the club?
    The thing is I'm not Irish and I have no clue if I can get a gun license :confused:
    thanks for any help

Richard

Hi Richard,
    BRC have a large .22 rifle silhouette section, they are located in Tallaght.
    Here's a link to the clubs contact details:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~joecon/irishclubs.html
    Just drop them an email with your telephone number and they'll call you back.
    Cheers,
    Slug Chucker

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Hi Richard,
    BRC have a large .22 rifle silhouette section, they are located in Tallaght.
    Here's a link to the clubs contact details:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~joecon/irishclubs.html
    Just drop them an email with your telephone number and they'll call you back.
    Cheers,
    Slug Chucker

I must agree a good club with excellent facility's and nice people running it.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Hezz700 wrote: »
    Sorry Dog, I'm from the same area and i can tell you there's nothing closer than Dublin or Hilltop.:(

Hezz

I heard that there is a new one in Nurney.

Sikamick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭patrick2007

risa.k wrote: »
    Hi,
    thanks for any help

Richard

there is another club up towards blessington iv heard its much better than brc its called the dublin rifle club.....

by the way the CZ 527 is deadly i have one and love it!!:D

To the best of my knowledge DRC does not have any club equipment, its bring your own kinda thing...
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

whilst on the topic is there any clubs where you can shoot a 17hmr down the range or is it a touchy subject
    i usually go down the fields but would like to be able to sit down and shoot from a steady position for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

whilst on the topic is there any clubs where you can shoot a 17hmr down the range or is it a touchy subject
    i usually go down the fields but would like to be able to sit down and shoot from a steady position for a change

Midlands, they may prefer if yuo used the 100 yard range though, but they try an make exceptions if u are unable to shoot this far

Advertisement