Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Update

Options
  • 21-05-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Following on from another thread ages ago about drainage and the utter failure of grass to grow in Charlesland gardens....just an interesting point/update on that.

Today I finally caved and got rid of my (very expensive!) lawn in the back garden because after a year of fruitless attempts to get it to grow, it had been reduced to what can only be described as a quagmire in some places and arid desert in others.

Anyway the interesting thing was that my gardener said to me when he was covering the dying grass he noticed a very significant presence of bugs (i cant remember the name sorry) that look like short fat worms or really big maggots. He said they're what daddylonglegs are born as and are known to eat/destroy grass roots. Looks like the garden was rife with the little feckers (and come to think of theres always millions of daddylonglegs flying around in the evening) so it might be that its not just the crappy drainage we have to contend with.....:(

Comments

Advertisement