Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahern shows his true feeling for the electorate.

Options
  • 21-05-2007 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭

Apparently Bertie Ahern on tonights UTV "Insight" programme stated that "Problems with health and education are peripheral difficulties which don't concern the electorate."

This shows his understanding of what he feels is important to the electorate and the contempt he has for the intelligence of those who are dispensible once the votes are cast.

This is in addition to his " There is no crisis in the Health Service" quote from Thursday night.

It show that arrogant and out of touch are adjectives that can be added to the list which is headed by "Corrupt" when discussing Ahern and FF.

Comments

Is that an essay question,how many marks do we get for it?

Discuss ?
    Honestly I think we need a sticky here titled I hate Bertie because...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Tristrame wrote:
    Is that an essay question,how many marks do we get for it?

Discuss ?
    Honestly I think we need a sticky here titled I hate Bertie because...

Just make a locked poll with several options.

a) He's a Dub
    b) He's a smug bastard
    c) He's a Fianna Failure
    d) He doesn't cut as dashing a profile as my darling Enda
    e) His word isn't his bond and he doesn't put his name to it!
    f) Other

clearly nesf you havent shined the contract.

You musht shine it imegetttly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dgrif88

i normally vote sinn fein but in this election i will be voting for bertie.
    the thoughts of enda kenny as leader of this country is really frightening me.

the guy is an embarassment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

And Bertie isn't? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Another 5 years of Bertie would be torture. Ok the guy did some good things but I think 10 years is enough for anybody to be in power. If FF loose this election they will go into opposion and get new fresh ideas. If they get another 5 years they will go the way of the britsh consertive party in the uk and it will take 10 years to rebuild.

I think we should give FG/Lab a chance and if they dont deliver in 5 years boot them out. They did get the celtic tiger going in the beginning maybe they can nurse it back to life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 The White Rose

When Berie says health and education are peripheral to people's vote he's right to a certain extent

People always put the economy first because if that goes belly up there'll be no money for health or anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

When Berie says health and education are peripheral to people's vote he's right to a certain extent

Tell that to someone waiting(in discomfort and pain) 14 months for an operation. They could give a flying fcuk about the economy.
    :(

Bertie has had a good run of it. If FG/LAB don't do a good job, they will be gone in 5 years and FF will be rejuvenated.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

100gSoma wrote:
    Tell that to someone waiting(in discomfort and pain) 14 months for an operation. They could give a flying fcuk about the economy.

Bertie has had a good run of it. If FG/LAB don't do a good job, they will be gone in 5 years and FF will be rejuvenated.

well said :mad:

100gSoma wrote:

Agreed I was in Blanchardstown hospital 3 years ago. I had to spend my entire stay of 4 days on a trolly even after major surgory. If Bertie thinks that Health is not a piority then he should think again. What makes matters worse his govermwent forced BUPA out of Ireland as well so hes not really pro jobs either. Quinn doesnt know weather to keep the heath business or not. If the courts go against them then it will be another bad job done by FF/pd and Bertie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

People always put the economy first because if that goes belly up there'll be no money for health or anything else

His contempt for the ordinary Joe Soaps is unbelieveable, he obviously hasn't spent anytime in the Health Service and tbh if he or any of his court did get ill they would be treated differently to the rest of us.

When I remember the treatment my late father got after having a stroke I have problems containing my rage. His last 8 months on this earth were spent in Bertie and Mary's health service. He caught MRSA twice and was a victim of overstretched services. They should hang their heads in shame. Then last year my mother had a serious illness and even with a new A&E in place she still spent 3 days on a trolley gravely ill. Anyone cheerleading this government saying they are doing good job in the Health Service are suffering from delusions of the most worrying kind.

For the sake of Irish society there needs to be a change of Government unless you want a nation of Gordon Geeko's trying to f**k each other over at every opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thursday can't come fast enough so I can show Bertie Ahern what I think of him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 The White Rose

When I remember the treatment my late father got after having a stroke I have problems containing my rage. His last 8 months on this earth were spent in Bertie and Mary's health service. He caught MRSA twice and was a victim of overstretched services. They should hang their heads in shame. Then last year my mother had a serious illness and even with a new A&E in place she still spent 3 days on a trolley gravely ill. Anyone cheerleading this government saying they are doing good job in the Health Service are suffering from delusions of the most worrying kind.

My own mother and father and my son have been in hospital (all publicly treated) over the last couple of years and I have to say the service was pretty good. Ok my mother had to wait 5 hours, my son 3 and that annoyed me but when they were seen the service was excellent.

Maybe i was lucky but the original problems in the health service came about because the counrty was bankrupt in the 80s.

As I said (most) people put the economy first - its not thru selfishness but a realistic attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The economy is doing fine, in fact there is over 4 billion bertie and his mates have not gotten around to spending, which is deplorable when there are children who need schools and people on trolleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

My own mother and father and my son have been in hospital (all publicly treated) over the last couple of years and I have to say the service was pretty good. Ok my mother had to wait 5 hours, my son 3 and that annoyed me but when they were seen the service was excellent.

Well it depends on how serious the incidents were, from what you are describing it sounds like they did not need to be sent to a ward for a bed.
    Maybe i was lucky but the original problems in the health service came about because the counrty was bankrupt in the 80s.

Part of the problem is this but a major part is the wastage overseen by this administration, guaranteeing surplus admin staff jobs, investing in failed payroll systems.
    As I said (most) people put the economy first - its not thru selfishness but a realistic attitude.

No point taking loads of tax money if you are going to waste it with no responsibility.

Advertisement