Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology 2007 Exam

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoiner

exam 2007 biology help
    sd123 wrote:
    the guy on 606 said that there's a 98% probability of getting plant reproduction as a long question. LEARN IT!!!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

where did he get his information from...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Patricide wrote:
    Ok one question here, looking over my papers there i realised that ecology has come up as a long question every year? We likely to get it this year again?

Also what are the odds of there being a long question on photosynthesis?

I know these two topics backwards but not much else atm, shoulda really put in more work during the year :(

Ecology will nearly always have a full secion C question, + there's a very good chance either photosynthesis r respiration will come up, if u can do one of them u can do both!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

sd123 wrote:
    the guy on 606 said that there's a 98% probability of getting plant reproduction as a long question. LEARN IT!!!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

But Plant Reproduction makes me sick, it's so long and borrrring! I was planning on leaving it out:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

duno where he got his info from and i didnt even hear it, someone told me that they heard it. but it DID come up last year as half a question???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ah plants are so boring, but doesn't take long to cram it all. Hoping for several plant question now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ah plants are so boring, but doesn't take long to cram it all. Hoping for several plant question now :)

I planned on leaving out the Plant stuff from Section 3 :o

Off to my room i go ............................

exam 2007 biology help
    plants are easy, all that people sometimes find hard is sexual reproduction of a flowering plant, but just learn off the procedure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

according to institute of education supplement that came with the irish independent, units 1 and 2 along with the experiments are worth 80% of the marks...so im concentrating on 1 and 2.
    in section C this is what im expecting:

1 Q. from unit 1 - ECOLOGY
    2 Q. from unit 2- GENETICS aND RESPIRATION

if all that goes well,iv 3 of my 4 questions answered....for my final question i'll probably do one of the "answer 2 out of 3" type questions,theres two of those on the paper

from unit 3 im focussing on:
    human reproduction
    viruses
    rhizopus (didnt come up last year,i think)
    auxins and growth regualtors
    circulatory system
    maybe a bit on plant reproduction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

according to institute of education supplement that came with the irish independent, units 1 and 2 along with the experiments are worth 80% of the marks...so im concentrating on 1 and 2.
    in section C this is what im expecting:

1 Q. from unit 1 - ECOLOGY
    2 Q. from unit 2- GENETICS aND RESPIRATION

if all that goes well,iv 3 of my 4 questions answered....for my final question i'll probably do one of the "answer 2 out of 3" type questions,theres two of those on the paper

from unit 3 im focussing on:
    human reproduction
    viruses
    rhizopus (didnt come up last year,i think)
    auxins and growth regualtors
    circulatory system
    maybe a bit on plant reproduction

That is exactly the approach im taking. i know unit 1 and 2 backwards, so im gona do all the short questions and experiment questions on those 2 units and then in the long questions im doing ecology, genetics, photosynthesis/respiration. they also have to ask at least half a question on plants, according to my teacher, so that only leaves me with a 30 mark question to attempt, so going for reproduction, breathing system, senses, digestion. if none of them come up im not too pushed, can still get a high B, low A

exam 2007 biology help
    you seem to know what your at, whats the story with sexual repreduction of a flowering plant... that was considered a deff from a guy before

• Advertisement

exam 2007 biology help
    i hope they dont catch us out with difficult questions on the experiments

exam 2007 biology help
    does anyone else have any deff hints, in need at least a b2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Its getting harder to predict whats coming up. I've a feeling the department will have a few surprises in store. Like maybe putting photosynthesis and excretion up as a long questions again (hopefully not) or another one of those stupid experiments they had on last year. Those are nasty folk down in the department

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

I have been warned to look out for: (Ordinary Level)

Humans:
    CNS, PNS and parkinsons disease.
    Defence and viruses (because of the recent Galway water scare)
    Male reproductive system

Plants:
    Root structure and function, Tropisms - IAA exp, and Protection
    Monoct V's Dicot
    Storage of food

Food:
    Vitamins and Minerals.

And then of course Photo instead of Respo, Genetics and Ecology.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Last years paper was probably the easiest leaving cert paper in any subject Ive seen, so this years will probably be a little more challenging. I reckon food will come up in C seeing as it hasnt come up there in a very long time. Reproduction always comes up, genetics, cell metabolism and responses to stimuli.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

JSK 252 wrote:
    Jaysus, what a coincidence. I got this video sent to me by one of my friends just tonight on bebo of a teacher getting jocked by some guy(what a brave guy) and I found out that it was St Enda's in Galway. Is that the same St Enda's which the video is from? Im really shocked though that school was mentioned on boards when just five mintes ago I was looking at a video. Freaky.

If I was to give any advice to anyone doing Biology this year, there is no doubt that Ecology is a defo for a section A type question or section C type question. My teacher said it was unlikely that it will come up as an experiment.
    I know what video you're talking about. Every school is claiming it!

eZe^ wrote:
    Last years paper was probably the easiest leaving cert paper in any subject Ive seen, so this years will probably be a little more challenging. I reckon food will come up in C seeing as it hasnt come up there in a very long time. Reproduction always comes up, genetics, cell metabolism and responses to stimuli.

Isn't food in Section 1? I don't think it can come up in Section 3 then can it unless ecology doesn't come up which would be a huge call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Genius16

I bet they go photosynthesis again.....hope they do what there supposed to (respiration)
    Enzymes wont be far away.......ph/temp enzmye experiments have a good chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Genius16

carlowboy wrote:
    Isn't food in Section 1? I don't think it can come up in Section 3 then can it unless ecology doesn't come up which would be a huge call.

The go for food in one of the sample papers....I think it's the department one too :D

It is but tbh, the chances of it displacing ecology in Section C are minimal. Its the kind of thing that would come up in the short questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

exam 2007 biology help
    I can't understand why they would keep putting Photosynthesis and Respiration up, there is a very limited amount they could ask and the majority of those have been in the current past papers.

I think they may put up a full Enzyme question with maybe a part (c) on Photosynthesis/Respiration???

We'd all be happy if they did put enzymes up but aren't they a bit too easy to put up in all fairness?

Advertisement