Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XDA IIs on Meteor - GPRS Not Connecting

• 21-05-2007 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Account: Pre-Pay (Top Up)

XDA IIs - Unlocked

Error: The answering modem has disconnected. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap settings.

Windows Mobile 2003 SE v 4.21.1088

I have used all the settings I could find on Boards - I have managed to get the MMS working fine, but the GPRS doesnt work.

If I do manage to get the GPRS to connect - it will not work correctly (ie download pages in IE)

Any suggestions on the settings required for Meteor on the XDA IIs

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring up Meteor and see if the ISP access point is setup on your account firstly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Miss Polaris

Thanks, will recheck that with them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I had the same problem with my XDA. The solution was to add the proxy settings.

Edit: just remembered - data is enabled by default on Meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Miss Polaris

thanks, would u have the proxy settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, I was only trying out Meteor for their EDGE connectivity. As soon as my €10 ran out (which wasn't very long), I threw away the SIM and reverted back to O2.

The details are in the sticky at the top of this forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement