Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melvin

Options
  • 21-05-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I'm growing old & nostalgic, but I'd love to go up and have a look around Larch Hill when the Melvin is on.

As far as I remember they used to have a stage when people could come up and have a nosey. don't suppose anyone knows when it is this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

The melvin was replaced following the formation of scouting ireland(along with the smythe) with the Phoenix competition. Time frame wise its still held in august, however this years competition will apparently have a bit of a twist compared to its predecessors......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭familyguy

that reminds me... i must get my staff application form in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

gillo wrote:
    Ok, so I'm growing old & nostalgic, but I'd love to go up and have a look around Larch Hill when the Melvin is on.

As far as I remember they used to have a stage when people could come up and have a nosey. don't suppose anyone knows when it is this year.
    Im the same as you id love to get a look around. Had some great times up there, came 11th if I remember rightly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Da SPl

Next years phoenix will take place in larch hill

The theme is "many paths, one goal"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Cool, thanks.

I was looking on the website and can't see anything one it, can you post more details when you know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

we won it :-)

Advertisement