Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway Sleeper Retaining Wall

Options
  • 21-05-2007 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a large bank (circa 10 feet) behind my new build and am splitting it over two levels. I am building a retaining wall in front of the first level of about 4 feet and am considering having a retaining wall made with railway sleepers for the second level.

Can anyone give me pointers as to how to do this or any companies that do it and the cost. The wall will be about 4 feet high by about 50 feet long. I am based in the north east.

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hootie

I looked at getting sleepers instead of the kerbing I have a present. Sleepers come in different grades A->D, the lowest grade which I prefer as their battered and have character are the cheapest at about 22 euro each. You can normally get them in builder providers

Advertisement