Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael to lengthen School Year [Original Thread moved to Politics.. Mod]

Options
  • 21-05-2007 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Why has this thread been removed. It was a legitimate discussion and people in education should have been aware of it.
    Was it removed because this forum is over regulated or simply because it didnt correspond to the moderators political believes.
    I'd go with the latter as other undesired posts have simply been locked.

[Abusive comment removed - Mod]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

The original thread has not been deleted.

It has been moved to the politics forum as I indicated I would do.

Your idiotic rant has been reported as abusive, I've banned you from this forum, and I will be requesting a check for duplicate accounts.

For the more mannerly of you around, here is the link to the thread as it continues in the politics forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055089701

Have a wonderful day!

P.S. You havent the closest idea about my political views oversensored.. It would have been so much easier to check first to see had the post been deleted or moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

It should be moved to the general election forum if it has to be moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's up to the politics mods now overce...I mean ateam.

That's up to the politics mods now overce...I mean ateam.

Ha no relation. I'm a teacher and have a vested interest in publicising the issue.

ateam wrote:
    It should be moved to the general election forum if it has to be moved.

Thats for moderators to decide.

ateam wrote:
    Ha no relation. I'm a teacher and have a vested interest in publicising the issue.

A vested interest in publicising what issue? Boards.ie moderation? FG Education Policies?

If its the latter, you're barking up the wrong tree.. go to the politics forum where that issue is now being discussed.

If its the former, Im afraid you have no say in where I move threads to. Moderators make that decision.

If you have a problem with my moderation ateam, say it loud!

• Advertisement

Trotter wrote:
    Thats for moderators to decide.

A vested interest in publicising what issue? Boards.ie moderation? FG Education Policies?

If its the latter, you're barking up the wrong tree.. go to the politics forum where that issue is now being discussed.

If its the former, Im afraid you have no say in where I move threads to. Moderators make that decision.

If you have a problem with my moderation ateam, say it loud!

First of all I created the thread. I wanted all teachers to be aware what Fine Gael plan to do regarding lengthening the school year and the best place to publicise it for teachers on boards, is in the teaching section. Many teachers may not look in the politics forum. Anyway, by moving it to the politics forum, you've doubled it's chance of being viewed and therefore increased awareness. So the mods have actually done me a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ateam wrote:
    Anyway, by moving it to the politics forum, you've doubled it's chance of being viewed and therefore increased awareness. So the mods have actually done me a favour.

That's what mods are for - doing favours for people.

Oh, and keeping the muppets in line.

ateam wrote:
    First of all I created the thread. I wanted all teachers to be aware what Fine Gael plan to do regarding lengthening the school year and the best place to publicise it for teachers on boards, is in the teaching section. Many teachers may not look in the politics forum. Anyway, by moving it to the politics forum, you've doubled it's chance of being viewed and therefore increased awareness. So the mods have actually done me a favour.

The initial discussion focussed on FG and teachers, and was lucky to be left open because no concrete evidence was given.

The discussion took another path and became focussed on a FF v's FG debate. At that point I took the decision to move the thread and I have received full support from other moderators.

This thread is now locked. As 99.9% of the users of the teaching/lecturing forum have no problem with how the board is moderated, I suggest that the other 0.1% look for a row somewhere else. (By this I dont mean you ateam, Im talking about other users along the lines of overcensored).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement