Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taxing my first used car - questions

Options
  • 22-05-2007 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

1. Do I complete the RF100A?
    2. Do I send the original RF101 to the revenue or just a copy
    3. Certificate of Roadworthiness, does that apply to a small 1.1L Peugeot LX 206 2001?

sorry for silly questions folks :) :eek:
    I cant get through to the tax office

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the car currently out of tax?

You need to complete the change of ownership and send it to Shannon

The car needs an NCT cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You just send the forms to the Motor Tax Office (presume the seller sent off the reg. cert. to Shannon and you received a new one from them).

You don't need an NCT to tax the car.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

it is NCT'd to 01/09
    yes the previous owners tax disc is on the car but expired in 04/07 so this is what I need to update. Do i need to do the change of ownership, the RF101 says I am the registered owner i think the dealer might have done this bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

esel wrote:
    You just send the forms to the Motor Tax Office (presume the seller sent off the reg. cert. to Shannon and you received a new one from them).

You don't need an NCT to tax the car.

do i send them the original RF101 or a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the RF101 says you're the owner, then you're only liable for road tax from the date of sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

okcomputer wrote:
    it is NCT'd to 01/09
    yes the previous owners tax disc is on the car but expired in 04/07 so this is what I need to update. Do i need to do the change of ownership, the RF101 says I am the registered owner i think the dealer might have done this bit?

If you name is already printed on the RF101, you don't do anything with it - you're already the registered owner. You also don't have to send it to the tax office when taxing the vehicle. You will, however, be charged tax from whatever month the date of sale happened in (for the whole month) unless you have a declaration from the Guards declaring it not used for that time period.

Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Katchit

You need to send in the RF101 form (original) payment and completed form - they are running about 4-5 weeks behind, so take a copy of the RF101 form and keep it in the car. My application was received 24/04/07 - cheque cashed on 10/05/07 and still no disc - tried to ring yesterday but after 15 mins on hold, gave up !

Advertisement